Popular on EntSun
- Post Covid-19 Back 2 Business Documentary Series To Share Creative and Innovative Solutions to Reopening Economies 115
- ELD Decentralized Exchange Is Ready To Launch 101
- New house music single by Davide Sakure: THE UNKNOWN ELEMENT 119
- President Obama's 'My Brother's Keeper', Celebrities And Athletes Join To Celebrate Black Male Excellence
- Siora Surgicals Introduces Wide Range of Intramedullary Interlocking Nail
- Streaming Should watch moviesonline, then and Today
- Stars in Their Underwear is Hollywood Costume Designer Diana Eden's Memoir, on Sale June 19
- ONE CITY ONE TEAM, LLC Kickstarter campaign launched for feature film, docu-series on Carson, CA championship Football athletics
- Latinx Regional Mexican group LOS PARRAS release new romantic single "DE SEGURO"
- 20% Discount Sale at Time After Time's Online Etsy Shop
FAFF will feature profiles of renowned artists including Marcel Duchamp, Salvador Dali, or assemblage artists Jesse Lott and Lonnie Holley and most importantly, artists forgotten and newly discovered. Whether it's Myriah Marquez, adapting to life in a van in Venice Beach, the last elderly worshipper at a 1,000 year old mosque in Saudi Arabia, or a DJ named Mekon who fled Nigeria to Lybia, and then fled to Malta to survive, these films tells stories of comedy, tragedy, famous and infamous art, music, dance, and performance world figures will be presented in this not-to-be-missed seven-day online event. Live Q&A's with filmmakers and artists will begin soon and be broadcast during the festival.
Ticketing information is available on the ViCA website. Eight curated series of films (running an average of 6 hours each) are being offered at $10 per series. A festival pass for all films will be available for just $20.
The festival is dedicated to presenting the finest new films about art in the western capital of the art world – and now globally – to highlight the world art community. The films — narratives, documentaries, experimental, and hybrid genres — tell stories about how art is made, how artists survive, how they think and work, and what makes creativity our most important skill, and our best hope for mankind.
More on EntSun News
- Beyoung Announces New Product Launch: Popsocket For Phone
- Northshore Development secures $47 Million loan to Refinance New Construction Multifamily Development located on Florida's Booming Space Coast
- Best Online Wig Store: Beautyforever launches Glueless Human Hair Wigs
- Worried of roofing??? Lets decide the best one together!!!
- Local Businessman and Community Leader Anders Fung Announces Candidacy for Millbrae City Council
"Considering the world situation, the fact that we received so many more submissions this year, and are able to select so many more films is very gratifying," says Juri Koll, Founder and Director of ViCA, which produces the festival as part of its ongoing exhibition programs. Koll adds, "We've had to pivot quickly to get this online with permission from all the filmmakers. We are very proud to be screening many great and never-before-seen films from fine filmmakers from around the world - and half of them are women. We didn't set out to achieve this, it's just a wonderful new reality these past 2 Festivals. Films about art and creativity are a labor of love, and the film and art worlds have always intertwined. It's easily forgotten how much blood, sweat, and tears go into the work we do. We expect this festival will amaze audiences with intelligent, cutting edge, eloquent, passionate, and incredibly engaging films."
The FAFF 2020 Awards Ceremony will be presented online on Saturday, June 13. at 8pm PT.
The Official Selections of the VR section of FAFF 2020 will be announced shortly. The VR 360 films will go online on Vimeo June 22, with awards being announced on June 27.
All Official Selections of FAFF past and present will be offered a distribution deal through the ViCAFilms/Big Pieces Company partnership.
"We're excited about the opportunity to work with FAFF, ViCA Films and the filmmakers to help share their films worldwide," said Jim Quan, Head of Sales and Marketing, The Big Pieces Company. "Over the course of its seven-year run, FAFF has done a fantastic job of assembling a wonderful collection of creative art films, all compelling works of art in their own right."
More on EntSun News
- Chicago Photographer Karen I. Hirsch Pivots During Covid-19 Crisis
- The Path to Ultimate Freedom in the Midst of COVID-19
- United Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy
- How to change cox wifi name?
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client Gincor Werx on Certification as a Great Place to Work
The first Q&A with filmmakers will be held June 4 at 11am. Details here.
Sponsors past and present include Blick Art Materials, Beyond Baroque, 4 Brothers Wine Co., Flake, the Estonian American Business Alliance, and many others.
The Venice Institute of Contemporary Art (ViCA) is an arts organization devoted to identifying, protecting and sustaining the unique stories, history and culture of one of the most important centers of American independent artistic expression. Through its exhibitions, events, research facilities, and education curriculum, ViCA celebrates the world of art internationally, and most importantly the art and culture of Venice Beach/Southern California. Our founding in 2011 marks an ongoing commitment to our community - to present the art world from the perspective of it's artists, writers, curators, collectors, and the art viewing public.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS: #FAFF2020
Instagram: @veniceica @fineartsfilmfestival
Venice Institute of Contemporary Art
Latest on EntSun News
- DeskProto® releases CAM software for Apple® computers
- Autonomous, Inc Declares Support for Black Lives Matter
- Koshymedia Releases New Track "No More" by Sabry Elkoshairy
- REAL Trends + Tom Ferry Announce 2020 America's Best Real Estate Professionals List 8th Annual Real Estate Ranking
- Pack Power™ Enables swyMed Telehealth Backpack
- CHICNICITY Co-Founder Boye Asenuga Receives the School of Fashion Design Boston Distinguished Alumni
- SBG Sports Software Appointed as FIA Exclusive Official Supplier of Race Control System in a Multi-Year Partnership
- Hughes Shelton Realtors Ranked Among Top Real Estate Teams In Florida By Real Trends America's Best
- Meet FxLifestyle, The Millionaire who Grew $50 into $1,000,000 In Less Than 4 Years
- The Voodoo Mon premiers on Twitch July 8th, 5pm PDT/8pm EST
- Veteran Comedic Actor Dorien Wilson and Christopher "Play" Martin Lead New Comedy Series
- Ideanomics Announces Delivery Completion of Multiple EV Sales Orders
- BREAKING NEWS: New Book Serving To Lead Has Reached International Bestseller Status
- SFA Therapeutics Announces FDA Approval To Begin IND Trial
- How to paypal change password?
- World first event venue with UVC disinfection technology
- Who Is Funding Black Lives Matter? Soros Exposed!
- LORIK is the winner of the Grand Prize - Award Winners Announced by SR Socially Relevant™ Film Festival NY 2020 - Online
- Sennheiser Features Serena Laurel On #DontStopTheMusic Virtual Concert Series
- News: Private Label SEO Reseller InVisionWorks Offers White Label SEO Partnership Program