Popular on EntSun
- Singer/Songwriter John Schayer Debuts New Remix 'Tears Me Apart' Featuring Alicia Perrone - 164
- Save Up To 40% Off And Extra Discount By Julia Hair Coupon
- 3rd Annual Atlanta Fashion & Polo Classic takes place at Atlanta Polo Club
- L2 Aviation adds Global Remote Avionics Capabilities for Business Aircraft
- TYRONE PROCTOR Honoring Legendary Soul Train Dancer with Princess Lockerooo on GingerNewYork TV Show
- TriCoast Worldwide Acquires 'Sweet Taste of Souls'
- HNN Presents Fabula & Profondo on DVD, October 13, 2020 from Bayview Entertainment
- Englewood Cliffs Democratic Councilperson Deborah Tsabari Plead Guilty To A Felony
- Arrow Organics Commits to Science Based Full Spectrum Blends By Partnering with Ivy League Scientist
- Mario Cerrito and Michael Joy Partner To Make Horror Film, "The House In The Pines"
A primer on the topic of women and film is now available. Women have been in the film business since the beginning of its existence, when it was a mere flicker of light on the screen. But, not until Hollywood: Her Story, An Illustrated History of Women and the Movies (Lyons Press), has the extent of their filmmaking contributions – both in front of and behind the camera – been captured and documented so eloquently. The beautifully illustrated volume coffee table style book, 9.3" x 11", is an expansive 400 pages.
Best Actress and Beyond
In addition to the acting Oscars, Best Screenplay, Best Costume Design, Best Sound Mixing, Best Film Editing, and Best Production Design are just a few of the Oscar categories won by talented, enterprising women over the years.
As the 92nd Academy Awards approach, film buffs of all ages will delight in this award-winning, visually-stunning book.
Hollywood: Her Story, with a foreword by filmmaker, activist and philanthropist Abigail E. Disney, illustrates and brings to life the many women who contributed to the Hollywood film industry over the years. Beginning in 1896 with pioneering female director, Alice Guy-Blaché, authors Jill S. Tietjen, P.E. and Barbara Bridges take readers through a photo-treasury of women and film. From movie legends to directors, producers, editors, screenwriters, stuntwomen, composers, cinematographers and others - more than 1,200 women who have added their talent and creativity in the many categories needed to make a movie are featured in this enlightening and entertaining book.
More on EntSun News
- New York Fashion Week Event Is Safely Held During Covid-19
- New Jewellery Brand that Takes Inspiration from the 20th Century Modern Movement
- DonnaInk Publications, Beat Deep Books Imprint, "Faces of Rap Mothers - Book Two" - correction
- Bling Galore Paparazzi Jewelry Parties are here to stay!
- 6-Year Old First-Time Author Kai Mahalyn Tampol
Praise for Hollywood: Her Story
"It is a great honor to be included in Hollywood: Her Story, alongside so many extraordinary women who have inspired me throughout my life and career." Sherry Lansing, former president of 20th Century Fox, former Chairman and CEO of Paramount Pictures.
About the Authors
The authors of Hollywood: Her Story continue to illuminate readers. Tietjen is an author, speaker, and electrical engineer. She is the co-author of Her Story: A Timeline of the Women Who Changed America, which received the Daughters of the American Revolution History Award Medal. Tietjen has conducted research into historical women around the world for the past 30 years and speaks around the country about women's contributions to history.
Bridges has spent much of her life as an entrepreneur and businesswoman. In 2006, she founded Women+Film, a program in partnership with the Denver Film Society, where she has been bringing audiences together with films, by and about women, that ignite discussions around global issues facing women today. With the annual Women+Film Festival, a section of movies in the Denver Film Festival and movie screenings throughout the year, it is a popular film program that not only entertains but educates and inspires as well.
More on EntSun News
- Powerstage Sports Nutrition Launches New Supplements Brand for the Athlete in All of Us!
- Study shows the state of hotel cleanliness in Europe. Which countries are best for booking hotels that are clean?
- Texas hip hop artist sends shout out to friends in 'Darcwav' music collective in new single
- Kupper Mounts Vacuum-Powered, Suction Cup Bike Racks Now for Sale Now through Shopify & KupperMounts.com for Customers Living in the United States
- The Known World needs a fix or things could get very ugly
"Hollywood: Her Story pays tribute to all the talented female filmmakers and artists who have been involved in every facet of the industry's development. These include famous names as well as those whose names would be unknown to most prior to this book," said Bridges.
Hollywood: Her Story, An Illustrated History of Women and the Movies won two 2019 Best Book Awards in the categories of Best Interior Design Award and Performing Arts. It was also a finalist for Best Cover Design: Non-Fiction and Novelty & Gift Book.
Hollywood: Her Story, An Illustrated History of Women and the Movies is available for purchase online at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, BAM! Books A Million and Indie Bound as well as at independent bookstores.
Enjoy a new perspective on the Academy Awards. For more information, visit the website, http://hollywoodherstory.com.
Steven V. Dubin, PR Works
Filed Under: Movies
Latest on EntSun News
- OncoBeta GmbH and Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation sign Letter of Intent to establish manufacturing site in Australia
- Patton Announces the World's Smallest, Lowest-Cost eSBC for SoHo and SME
- What to Wear: Meet Your Idol Lil Miquela in Bar-- Jurllyshe
- QUByte Connect 2020 - Digital Event by QUByte Interactive
- AUA, CIMT Forge Agreement Creating Med School Pathway for Canadian Students
- Mick Strawn and Jeremy Brown to co-direct The House In The Pines
- Celebrate 30 Years Of Beverly Hills 90210 With The Beverly Hills 90210 Podcast Super Show
- D & G Collins Enterprises, Inc awarded a GSA Multiple Award Schedule Contract assisted by Mr. Brian Peterson and Government Marketplace LLC
- World Theatrical Premiere Of The Documentary "Me The People" Official Selection At Boston Film Festival 2020
- Canada's CHEK TV upgrades with the new Wohler iVAM1-1
- Museum of Graffiti Launches Exclusive OSGEMEOS Capsule Collection
- Autism Memoir Launches During Canadian Autism Awareness Month
- All I Ever Wanted Tops Indie Charts!
- Ideanomics Hires Dr. Liqing Hu a Fuel Cell Expert For Its EV Truck Division
- Live Good Inc. Be The Generation with Representation Product Line
- NATP announces Virtual Tax Season Update
- AutoQuotes Announces Partnership with Energy Solutions
- NCBW METRO New York Hosting Virtual Charter Ceremony
- Vision Centre-Ville et ID Gatineau s'associent à Macadamian afin d'offrir une application mobile aux tenanciers de bars et restaurants de Gatineau
- Be The Generation with Representation