Popular on EntSun
- Crescent City Magazine is looking for contributors
- Tourico Vacations Reviews Travel Alerts and Warnings
- Veteran Comedian Rickey Smiley Son Brandon Smiley Inks Deal With Little Room Records/TPC Cartel CEO
- African Songstress FATi To Take The American Music Industry By Storm
- New Hip-Hop Single Creates a Popular Internet Trend called the #AkashChallenge
- Comedic Sensation, Barry Brewer To Release New Comedy Special: Chicago, I'm Home
- Providence Children's Film Festival Announces Highlights Of 10th Annual "A Decade Of Wonder" Feb. 15-28
- Horoscope 2019 - Biggest Astrology Trends You Must Know
- For Pop Music Chart Day (Jan. 4th): Treat yourself to FREE CLIPS of "Big Bucks" and "Run For Office"
- $500,000 Bridal Salon Launches and Offers A Free Bridal Gown Giveaway
Media: Superb Crew
Interviewee: Vesper Hu, Marketing & Corporate Communications Manager APAC, Heilind Electronics Inc.
SuperbCrew is a tech news website covering innovative tech and internet companies. SuperbCrew delivers latest insights and interviews from startup community.
1. Could you provide our readers with a brief introduction to Heilind Electronics and DAC Group Company?
Heilind Electronics, the first DAC Group Company was founded by Bob Clapp in 1974, with the focus on interconnect and electromechanical products. In 1982 he started D.B. Roberts Company with an emphasis on specialty fastener products. The same year the DAC group was established.
From its founding in 1974, Heilind has grown to become the industry's pre-eminent interconnect distributor, with the largest inventory of connector products in North America. The company was built on the ideals of deep inventory, flexible policies, responsive systems, knowledgeable technical support and unsurpassed customer service and today supports original equipment and contract manufacturers in all market segments of the electronics industry.
DB Roberts is a recognized leader in fastener distribution. Since inception, it has been focused on providing solutions for fastener applications in Sheet Metal Fabrication, Metalworking, and Industrial Electronics.
Heilind has over 40 facilities in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Europe, Hong Kong, Singapore and Mainland China. As part of Heilind global expansion, Heilind Asia Pacific was officially launched on Dec 12th, 2012. Covering primarily Heilind product categories, Heilind Asia Pacific mainly focuses on connectors, relays, switches, thermal management & circuit protection products, terminal blocks, wire & cable, wiring accessories and insulation & identification products and sensor products distribution business.
Heilind Asia Pacific now has 21 locations throughout Asia. By replication of Heilind successful North American business model of a strong commitment to inventory to deliver the highest levels of service possible in the Asian market place, it insists on the belief of "Distribution As It Should Be".
More on EntSun News
- New Production Company Attending The Sundance Film Festival, Highlights Inclusion & Diversity, Exposing Racism in Entertainment Industry
- Comedian Don Barnhart Extends Las Vegas Residency With Nightly Show At Jokesters Comedy Club
- Need More Publicity For Your Business, Product, Brand or Service? Try A Video Interview
- Keep your cyber security in check – 4 reasons to get certified from CySure
- Bolton NHS Foundation Trust goes live with eObservations using Tap & Go technology from Imprivata
- Actor Keith Arthur Bolden lands recurring role in BET's series "American Soul"
- Tours of Tuscany By a Local Who Grew Up There
2. Heilind has been very successful in the field of electronic component distribution. For a growing enterprise, in addition to the company's technical strength, branding is also increasingly important. What's your understanding of brand building? How does Heilind build the brand in APAC? And what's your plan to build brands for hardware and fasteners that Heilind plans to introduce in APAC?
Generally speaking, brand is the definition customer made from overall perception of our business, and brand building is a long process getting our target audience to know who we are and what they could expect from us. Through storytelling, we build our reputation and make our brand recognized & loved.
Brand building is quite influential for developing business. According to Nielsen's Global New Product Innovation Survey, nearly six-in-ten global consumers (59%) prefer to buy new products from brands familiar to them, and 21% say they purchased a new product because it was from a brand they like. A reputable brand could be one of the most valuable wealth a company owns.
The first step we start for Heilind brand building in APAC is to determine the target audience and our uniqueness which differentiate us from other competitors, delivering the right content to the right group on right platforms—as the interconnect specialist, with the mission to insist the core value of distribution, we carry connector inventory in breadth and depth supporting original equipment and contract manufacturers in all market segments of the electronics industry.
Then we outline the competitive advantages and key benefits to provide—franchised for 100+ world leading manufacturers, No MOQ/MLV, professionals of interconnect and electromechanical products, completed set of value added services, design in support, multicurrency, local support in 21 locations all around Asia…
Under the clear brand image with plan externalized, we integrate Heilind brand into as many aspects as possible of our business, such as the print, signage, website, advertising, searching engine optimization, online & offline events, content marketing, press release, social media, souvenirs and customer service.
More on EntSun News
- New Book Teaches Career Scientists and STEM Students How to Communicate to Make an Impact
- Tourico Vacations Reviews Travel Alerts and Warnings
- TriBic Software Announces Beta Release of Box Office Ticketing Solution
- The Satanic Temple of NYC presents NON SERVIAM: a theatrical fundraiser for reproductive rights
- Jaws Jumbo Burgers Utilizing Revolutionary Limited Partnership Agreement for Expansion
- Maria Raquel Thomas Named Featured Slimer at Largest DC Slime Expo
- Federal Government Employees Without Pay Get Free Jumps At Sky Zone Joliet
Brand building is not a one-step project and it doesn't happen in a few days or even in a few months, which is a long term relationship management with stakeholders and the public. It has to be consistent in image, communication and experience, thus, it would be always on-going and transitional which moves forward in everyday operation details.
We will follow the same successful branding process for the hardware and fastener brands. Penn Engineering is the first dedicated hardware/fastener supplier we are adding into our Marcom program. At the same time we will include Heyco, Panduit and RAF into this marketing initiative. We will continue to add complementary lines regularly to enhance our presence in this product category.
As we mentioned earlier, all our hardware/fastener brands are grouped under DB Roberts, a recognized leader in this field. We plan to use our existing Heilind infrastructure to support the branding, marketing and sales of these product lines in Asia.
1. What do you think is the most effective marketing activity you or your company undertakes?
It depends on different phases we experience. In Asia we have 3 main marketing phases for Heilind:-
I Transition Phase - at the very beginning, our target was to enhance Heilind market presence in Asia and transit the brand image & business model from North America; in this phase we built Asia website, made corporate video, conducted lots of interviews and attended many large-scale tradeshows of electronics industry.
II Consolidation Phase- Brand image delivery was the key goal. We had our local language website and unified Chinese brand name for Greater China, we created Heilind mascot, completed social media platforms and developed many interesting promotions such as online game program, 3D video display set etc.; accordingly, we continued to attend large-scale tradeshows and also held press conferences.
III Growth/ Segment Focus Phase- When stepping into the growth phase, with the e-commerce becoming a trend, we started to focus on vertical & internet marketing. In this phase our promotions were more specific on products & applications. With new VR promotion method, we attended lots of small-scale professional tradeshows, forums & seminars and held many customer workshops. At the same time, more resources were allocated on searching engine marketing and 3rd party inventory listing.
4.In NA, DB Roberts is a recognized leader in fastener distribution, Heilind Electronics is one of the world's leading distributors for interconnect, electromechanical, and sensor products; will it be the same branding in Asia?
Heilind Asia Pacific
RM 1707-10,DELTA HOUSE,3 ON YIU ST
Latest on EntSun News
- Top Locations for Viewing Cherry Blossoms in Japan North of Tokyo
- Smarteeva Unveils New Executive Advisory Board, Welcomes New Members
- Next Generation Fusing Technology Forges New Partnerships With Aftermarket Toner Remanufactures
- One Park Financial Named One of the "Best and Brightest" Companies In U.S
- Mayor Sylvester Turner of Houston to Receive the Antonio Villaraigosa Leadership Award at Tribute to Mayors
- Bishop Rehabilitation and Nursing Center Supports January Blood Donation Month and Urges Citizens to Help Donate
- The Chi Group Partners With Jenzemi in Approachable Fashion
- Sunknowledge Offers The Best Medical Billing Services
- Auto Driveaway acquires J&J Driveaway
- PetStar has achieved IDCON World Class Certificate
- Music Legend Judy Collins to Perform At Weinberg Center for the Arts
- Dezer Gymnastics Training Center Starts a New Era in South Florida
- IAWP Adds Media Relations Benefit For Wellness Coach Certification Program Graduates
- Movie Premiere of Young Boy Molested by Minister Who Was His Step-brother
- The First Ever Christian Hip Hop Gospel Cruise
- Artist/Designer Garyk Lee To Perform At The 3rd Annual "Lip Sync For A Cure" Benefit Show 1/26/19
- Can Alterations be Done in a Week?
- 25% Dividend Paid plus 25% Advance Discount for NY Workers' Comp. Wholesalers Safety Group
- Musical Masterminds Alonzo Dover and Michael Mindingall Launch Dovingall Music LLC
- Mahal Brothers' "Art Of The Dead" Cast & Crew Screening 1/22 Ahrya Fine Arts Theatre, Beverly Hills