Popular on EntSun
- Harmon Tops The Bestsellers List and Scores Two #1 hits!!!
- PBS selects Harlem filmaker's short film about gentrification for online festival
- Electric Violinist Lady Zhe releases her debut single, "Elevate."
- The Florida Association of Legal Document Preparer's (FALDP) 10th Annual Conference to be held September 14, 2019 in Daytona Beach, FL
- Radio Host/Author Sabrina-Marie - Building Abundance Success
- In The Spirit Entertainment Foundation Presents Stage Play: #wewoke
- Company Creating New Intelligent Pillow, Seeks Participants in Beta
- EY announces SUMMIT PACKAGING SOLUTIONS PRESIDENT & CEO ADAM C. WALKER named Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2019 Award winner in the Southeast
- BayView Entertainment Releasing Six New Feature Film and Stand-Up Comedy DVDs for July 2019
- Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About The Blink Man / Peeping Tom Urban Legend
Media: Superb Crew
Interviewee: Vesper Hu, Marketing & Corporate Communications Manager APAC, Heilind Electronics Inc.
SuperbCrew is a tech news website covering innovative tech and internet companies. SuperbCrew delivers latest insights and interviews from startup community.
1. Could you provide our readers with a brief introduction to Heilind Electronics and DAC Group Company?
Heilind Electronics, the first DAC Group Company was founded by Bob Clapp in 1974, with the focus on interconnect and electromechanical products. In 1982 he started D.B. Roberts Company with an emphasis on specialty fastener products. The same year the DAC group was established.
From its founding in 1974, Heilind has grown to become the industry's pre-eminent interconnect distributor, with the largest inventory of connector products in North America. The company was built on the ideals of deep inventory, flexible policies, responsive systems, knowledgeable technical support and unsurpassed customer service and today supports original equipment and contract manufacturers in all market segments of the electronics industry.
DB Roberts is a recognized leader in fastener distribution. Since inception, it has been focused on providing solutions for fastener applications in Sheet Metal Fabrication, Metalworking, and Industrial Electronics.
Heilind has over 40 facilities in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Europe, Hong Kong, Singapore and Mainland China. As part of Heilind global expansion, Heilind Asia Pacific was officially launched on Dec 12th, 2012. Covering primarily Heilind product categories, Heilind Asia Pacific mainly focuses on connectors, relays, switches, thermal management & circuit protection products, terminal blocks, wire & cable, wiring accessories and insulation & identification products and sensor products distribution business.
Heilind Asia Pacific now has 21 locations throughout Asia. By replication of Heilind successful North American business model of a strong commitment to inventory to deliver the highest levels of service possible in the Asian market place, it insists on the belief of "Distribution As It Should Be".
More on EntSun News
- Soreide Law Group files a FINRA Arbitration for Florida Investors in GBP Automotive Portfolio, GPB Waste Management, GPB Holdings II & III
- Area 51 Raid Gets 51% Off Parking at Fine
- First New Renality Facility Open in Newnan, GA – "City of Homes"
- "GO FOR LANDING" Filmmaker Kevin Stirling's New Apollo 11 Doc Named Official Selection at Top-Ranked 2019 Woods Hole Film Festival
- Stronghold Cyber Security Publishes White Paper on NIST 800-171B for Defense Contractors
2. Heilind has been very successful in the field of electronic component distribution. For a growing enterprise, in addition to the company's technical strength, branding is also increasingly important. What's your understanding of brand building? How does Heilind build the brand in APAC? And what's your plan to build brands for hardware and fasteners that Heilind plans to introduce in APAC?
Generally speaking, brand is the definition customer made from overall perception of our business, and brand building is a long process getting our target audience to know who we are and what they could expect from us. Through storytelling, we build our reputation and make our brand recognized & loved.
Brand building is quite influential for developing business. According to Nielsen's Global New Product Innovation Survey, nearly six-in-ten global consumers (59%) prefer to buy new products from brands familiar to them, and 21% say they purchased a new product because it was from a brand they like. A reputable brand could be one of the most valuable wealth a company owns.
The first step we start for Heilind brand building in APAC is to determine the target audience and our uniqueness which differentiate us from other competitors, delivering the right content to the right group on right platforms—as the interconnect specialist, with the mission to insist the core value of distribution, we carry connector inventory in breadth and depth supporting original equipment and contract manufacturers in all market segments of the electronics industry.
Then we outline the competitive advantages and key benefits to provide—franchised for 100+ world leading manufacturers, No MOQ/MLV, professionals of interconnect and electromechanical products, completed set of value added services, design in support, multicurrency, local support in 21 locations all around Asia…
Under the clear brand image with plan externalized, we integrate Heilind brand into as many aspects as possible of our business, such as the print, signage, website, advertising, searching engine optimization, online & offline events, content marketing, press release, social media, souvenirs and customer service.
Brand building is not a one-step project and it doesn't happen in a few days or even in a few months, which is a long term relationship management with stakeholders and the public. It has to be consistent in image, communication and experience, thus, it would be always on-going and transitional which moves forward in everyday operation details.
More on EntSun News
- New - Very Easy Photo Editing Software For Everybody
- Siemens Healthineers Named Recipient of 2019 Cultural Vistas Corporate Leadership Award
- Celebrating The Life And Times Of Gordon Waller
- In The Spirit Entertainment Foundation Presents Stage Play: #wewoke
- Dbvisit Announces Latest Release of Oracle Standard Edition Disaster Recovery Tool
We will follow the same successful branding process for the hardware and fastener brands. Penn Engineering is the first dedicated hardware/fastener supplier we are adding into our Marcom program. At the same time we will include Heyco, Panduit and RAF into this marketing initiative. We will continue to add complementary lines regularly to enhance our presence in this product category.
As we mentioned earlier, all our hardware/fastener brands are grouped under DB Roberts, a recognized leader in this field. We plan to use our existing Heilind infrastructure to support the branding, marketing and sales of these product lines in Asia.
1. What do you think is the most effective marketing activity you or your company undertakes?
It depends on different phases we experience. In Asia we have 3 main marketing phases for Heilind:-
I Transition Phase - at the very beginning, our target was to enhance Heilind market presence in Asia and transit the brand image & business model from North America; in this phase we built Asia website, made corporate video, conducted lots of interviews and attended many large-scale tradeshows of electronics industry.
II Consolidation Phase- Brand image delivery was the key goal. We had our local language website and unified Chinese brand name for Greater China, we created Heilind mascot, completed social media platforms and developed many interesting promotions such as online game program, 3D video display set etc.; accordingly, we continued to attend large-scale tradeshows and also held press conferences.
III Growth/ Segment Focus Phase- When stepping into the growth phase, with the e-commerce becoming a trend, we started to focus on vertical & internet marketing. In this phase our promotions were more specific on products & applications. With new VR promotion method, we attended lots of small-scale professional tradeshows, forums & seminars and held many customer workshops. At the same time, more resources were allocated on searching engine marketing and 3rd party inventory listing.
4.In NA, DB Roberts is a recognized leader in fastener distribution, Heilind Electronics is one of the world's leading distributors for interconnect, electromechanical, and sensor products; will it be the same branding in Asia?
Heilind Asia Pacific
RM 1707-10,DELTA HOUSE,3 ON YIU ST
Latest on EntSun News
- Leo Bottary Announces the Launch of Peernovation
- IRS Commissioner to Address National Tax Pro Group
- Current World Dog Surfing Champion Gets The Snub This Year
- New Community Theater Comes to Phoenix to Enrich the Theatrical Experience in the Valley of the Sun
- Share Internet Data Ltd (SID) Expands its Mobile Network to include the Unbanked with its LDJ Digital app
- Social Justice Activist and Veteran Radio Host Mark Thompson Launches New Daily Show and Podcast with DNR Studios and DCP Entertainment
- Fawcett Boat Supplies Acquires Annapolis Inflatables
- Trump's Kidney Care Executive Order Validates New Renality Approach to Chronic Kidney Disease
- Filmmaker Harley Wallen strikes festival gold with Eternal Code
- Instagram Celebrities Ride Squids In Bora Bora For Reef Awareness
- Falco eMotors Achieves UL, CSA and CE Certification for the Full Line of Epoch Industrial and Commercial HVLS Fans
- "She is not Captain Marvel, Not 007 Female James Bond' You Save The Best for Last VENDETTA VETTE
- MMX Launches Adult Domain Name Trademark Protection Service
- Wine and Dine for a Cause with Carlisle Events and the Chip Miller Amyloidosis Foundation
- Burroughs, Inc. Announces New Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operations Officer
- Plaintiff Contends: DHS not following OPM Policies and Procedures in Hiring Military Veteran holding 30-Point Preference Status
- Living Full Out Radio Show-Discover How to Live Full Out by Turning Your Pain into Purpose
- Las Vegas Based Comedian Don Barnhart Releases Clean Family-Friendly Comedy Special
- AUA, Charles Drew University Join Forces to Increase Med School Diversity
- Al Jarreau Tribute Album Debuts Today