Popular on EntSun
- E'Ian West Announces New Series, I Am... With Reverse Content 1993
- Celebrate St. Patrick's Day By Watching Scream Queen Caroline Williams in "Leprechaun 3" 115
- Author Sarah Centrella to Host 3rd Annual Ladies's Empowerment Dinner
- Award-Winning Film About Forgotten "Father of Space Art" Coming to Sonoma Film Fest
- Global Automotive Emission Analyzer Market Technology Trends in Future
- BA Result 2019 – BA 1st 2nd 3rd Year Exam Result
- AFRO SCI-FI and Yvette Kendall. They're Coming Big & They're Not Going Home!
- Comedy Headliner Don Barnhart Returns To Las Vegas Residency Bringing Nightly Laughter The D Casino Hotel
- Cattle Health Market Analysis and Value Forecast Snapshot by End-use Industry 2014-2024
- Thriller Author Crashes Chicago's St. Patrick's Day Festivities in Latest Novel
Media: Superb Crew
Interviewee: Vesper Hu, Marketing & Corporate Communications Manager APAC, Heilind Electronics Inc.
SuperbCrew is a tech news website covering innovative tech and internet companies. SuperbCrew delivers latest insights and interviews from startup community.
1. Could you provide our readers with a brief introduction to Heilind Electronics and DAC Group Company?
Heilind Electronics, the first DAC Group Company was founded by Bob Clapp in 1974, with the focus on interconnect and electromechanical products. In 1982 he started D.B. Roberts Company with an emphasis on specialty fastener products. The same year the DAC group was established.
From its founding in 1974, Heilind has grown to become the industry's pre-eminent interconnect distributor, with the largest inventory of connector products in North America. The company was built on the ideals of deep inventory, flexible policies, responsive systems, knowledgeable technical support and unsurpassed customer service and today supports original equipment and contract manufacturers in all market segments of the electronics industry.
DB Roberts is a recognized leader in fastener distribution. Since inception, it has been focused on providing solutions for fastener applications in Sheet Metal Fabrication, Metalworking, and Industrial Electronics.
Heilind has over 40 facilities in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Europe, Hong Kong, Singapore and Mainland China. As part of Heilind global expansion, Heilind Asia Pacific was officially launched on Dec 12th, 2012. Covering primarily Heilind product categories, Heilind Asia Pacific mainly focuses on connectors, relays, switches, thermal management & circuit protection products, terminal blocks, wire & cable, wiring accessories and insulation & identification products and sensor products distribution business.
Heilind Asia Pacific now has 21 locations throughout Asia. By replication of Heilind successful North American business model of a strong commitment to inventory to deliver the highest levels of service possible in the Asian market place, it insists on the belief of "Distribution As It Should Be".
More on EntSun News
- Story Data™ Joins Get Connected Atlanta's Second Annual Writing Contest for Emerging Artists in Georgia
- Heilind Asia Will Exhibit at Booth C617 in Langkawi International Maritime & Aerospace Tradeshow
- Kids Coach is Raising Money to Create Educational Drone Coding Series
- Breaking NEWS!! Breaking NEWS!!
- Atlantic Stewardship Bank Donates Over $1,061,500 Million to Support Our Community
2. Heilind has been very successful in the field of electronic component distribution. For a growing enterprise, in addition to the company's technical strength, branding is also increasingly important. What's your understanding of brand building? How does Heilind build the brand in APAC? And what's your plan to build brands for hardware and fasteners that Heilind plans to introduce in APAC?
Generally speaking, brand is the definition customer made from overall perception of our business, and brand building is a long process getting our target audience to know who we are and what they could expect from us. Through storytelling, we build our reputation and make our brand recognized & loved.
Brand building is quite influential for developing business. According to Nielsen's Global New Product Innovation Survey, nearly six-in-ten global consumers (59%) prefer to buy new products from brands familiar to them, and 21% say they purchased a new product because it was from a brand they like. A reputable brand could be one of the most valuable wealth a company owns.
The first step we start for Heilind brand building in APAC is to determine the target audience and our uniqueness which differentiate us from other competitors, delivering the right content to the right group on right platforms—as the interconnect specialist, with the mission to insist the core value of distribution, we carry connector inventory in breadth and depth supporting original equipment and contract manufacturers in all market segments of the electronics industry.
Then we outline the competitive advantages and key benefits to provide—franchised for 100+ world leading manufacturers, No MOQ/MLV, professionals of interconnect and electromechanical products, completed set of value added services, design in support, multicurrency, local support in 21 locations all around Asia…
Under the clear brand image with plan externalized, we integrate Heilind brand into as many aspects as possible of our business, such as the print, signage, website, advertising, searching engine optimization, online & offline events, content marketing, press release, social media, souvenirs and customer service.
More on EntSun News
- Valogix LLC Announces Exhibitor Sponsorship of Oracle NetSuite SuiteWorld 2019
- New Book Addressing America's Political Divide is Released Today
- Tackling Homelessness Through Digital Transformation: Palm Beach County Partners with Dharma Platform to More Effectively Aid the Most Vulnerable
- Viscosity Hires a Sixth Oracle ACE
- The Tech Podcast You Should be Watching
Brand building is not a one-step project and it doesn't happen in a few days or even in a few months, which is a long term relationship management with stakeholders and the public. It has to be consistent in image, communication and experience, thus, it would be always on-going and transitional which moves forward in everyday operation details.
We will follow the same successful branding process for the hardware and fastener brands. Penn Engineering is the first dedicated hardware/fastener supplier we are adding into our Marcom program. At the same time we will include Heyco, Panduit and RAF into this marketing initiative. We will continue to add complementary lines regularly to enhance our presence in this product category.
As we mentioned earlier, all our hardware/fastener brands are grouped under DB Roberts, a recognized leader in this field. We plan to use our existing Heilind infrastructure to support the branding, marketing and sales of these product lines in Asia.
1. What do you think is the most effective marketing activity you or your company undertakes?
It depends on different phases we experience. In Asia we have 3 main marketing phases for Heilind:-
I Transition Phase - at the very beginning, our target was to enhance Heilind market presence in Asia and transit the brand image & business model from North America; in this phase we built Asia website, made corporate video, conducted lots of interviews and attended many large-scale tradeshows of electronics industry.
II Consolidation Phase- Brand image delivery was the key goal. We had our local language website and unified Chinese brand name for Greater China, we created Heilind mascot, completed social media platforms and developed many interesting promotions such as online game program, 3D video display set etc.; accordingly, we continued to attend large-scale tradeshows and also held press conferences.
III Growth/ Segment Focus Phase- When stepping into the growth phase, with the e-commerce becoming a trend, we started to focus on vertical & internet marketing. In this phase our promotions were more specific on products & applications. With new VR promotion method, we attended lots of small-scale professional tradeshows, forums & seminars and held many customer workshops. At the same time, more resources were allocated on searching engine marketing and 3rd party inventory listing.
4.In NA, DB Roberts is a recognized leader in fastener distribution, Heilind Electronics is one of the world's leading distributors for interconnect, electromechanical, and sensor products; will it be the same branding in Asia?
Heilind Asia Pacific
RM 1707-10,DELTA HOUSE,3 ON YIU ST
Latest on EntSun News
- Thumblemania at BURLY Brewing Co
- Emmy award-winning Cinematographer Petr Cikhart signs with management firm V2M
- Chicago Tween to Receive Rising Star Award at an Independent Event During Cannes Film Festival
- Elearning Company in Chennai | Digital Learning Solutions | Mycoach LMS
- 2019 National Farmworker Awareness Week
- Celebrated Singer-Songwriter, Photographer and Poet, Paul Kloschinsky Receives Top Honors in the 2018-2019 Reader Views Literary Awards
- Writers of "Tales from Fat City" Launch their Film Campaign
- Lil Cory Working With Jared Lee Gosselin
- Dialogue with Three Chords returns with part two of WELCOME TO THE APOCALYPSE SURVIVORS CLUB
- Chicago Tween to Receive Rising Star Award at Independent Event During Cannes Film Festival
- Saints Fans Finally Get Their Day
- Pete Laan - Let's Fake it til we make it!
- 5 Ways To Extend Your Wig Life!
- Y Millz Featured Amadeus Artist At New York City Sauce
- Marathon Runner Gregory L. Hudson Chasing Marathon History
- Snoop Dogg Teams Up With Matt Cimber In The Remake Of "The Candy Tangerine Man"
- Pete Laan - Voice over animals comedy for YouTube
- Philadelphia Theatre Company Presents Philadelphia Premiere Kilroy's List Pick How to Catch Creation
- Award Winners Announced by SR Socially Relevant™ Film Festival NY 2019 International Jury
- CodeMint Announces 2019 Updates for Final Year Project Research Topics in Education Just in time For Undergraduates