Popular on EntSun News
- Recording Artist Alisonus from Swansea UK signed Major Worldwide Global Distribution Deal! 158
- Combat Veteran Cast in a Film Starring Twin Sisters
- Code Pineapple Launches Poseidon Storm Blaster Water Gun
- World's First Cryptocurrency Exchange To Accept PGG (Physical Gold) Pairing As A Medium Of Transfer
- Twisted L release smash hit single "Raiders Anthem"
- The United States Parking Industry Has Been Changed Forever: Introducing ParkingPal
- Grabbit Media Private Limited launched a well defined automated O2O Platform for Merchant and the Customer – an "Around You" App
- MORIAH MILLS, The Muse on Marley Water's Flex Ya Music Motion Picture
- Jabal Omar Marriott Makkah was the luxury hotel of hundreds of pilgrims who travelled to this year's Hajj
- Sunknowledge - The Winner of America's Revenue Cycle Management
While Jonzuns character was disappointingly not portrayed in the story, his music, including Candy Girl (New Editions first release that hit #1 on Billboard), Is This The End, Popcorn Love, and Jealous Girl , that he Co-Wrote and Co-Produced with his brother Maurice Starr, played front and center, throughout The New Edition Story, as well as in the promos and advertising, as an integral part laying the foundation of the New Editions journey to the top; both in the miniseries and in real life. For this reason, this award is especially meaningful to Jonzun, because it celebrates the true story and history behind the hits, that so often gets washed away. For early day fans and those in the know in the industry, The New Edition had three, not two, dynamic and pivotal Writer/Producer duo teams in their international careers Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis, L.A. Reid & Babyface, and Michael Jonzun & Maurice Starr.
Reports widely agree, The New Edition Story, pulled record ratings of 28.4 million viewers to BET, through the initial run and subsequent encores over the week of premiere (Variety Magazine), making it BETs, highest-rated and most- watched telecasts in five years (since 2012s Season 5 premiere of The Game), as well as the No. 1 most social episode on both Facebook and Twitter all three nights (Deadline.com). In fact, it was among the top 20 trending topics on Twitter [that] included #BobbyBrown, #Betamac, #MikeBivins, #CandyGirl and #LukeJames (Billboard.com).
More on EntSun News
- A NEW REALITY FOR CANADA; Co-op,free-roam, warehouse-scale virtual reality entertainment experience
- Hood Celebrityy: Jamaica Inna Real Life | Produced and Directed by Reshma B and Rob Kenner
- 3 Reasons IT Support Improves Business
- 3 Reasons Your Business Needs IT Consulting
- Pegeen.com Launches A Collection of Tutus and New Nutcracker Party Scene Girl Styles
- Dialogue with Three Chords kick off their 8th year of indie theatre
- Even Small Businesses Are at Risk for Cyber Attacks
Playing music, since the age of two, starting in his familys band, The Johnson Bros., consisting of six brothers Ray, Elvin, Sonni, Calvin (now deceased), Maurice (then known as Larry), and himself -- Jonzun is no stranger to the music business and receiving accolades and awards for his works. Often referred to by critics as a Music Pioneer & Innovator, and named the Forefather of Hip Hop by Source Magazine, Jonzuns credits are too extensive to list, and read like a Whos Who, but highlights include, (18) #1 Billboard Chart Hits, 75+ Charting Hits across Billboard and other Major Magazines, 100s of Certified Gold & Platinum Records worldwide on such legends and icons as New Edition, Mick Jagger w/ Peter Wolf, New Kids On The Block, Tommy Page, Mase, Sean Puffy Combs & The Notrious B.I.G., Lil Bow Wow, Bootsauce, LL Cool J, D4L, Another Bad Creation, Apollonia, Ben E. King, Laverne Baker, Mark Wahlberg, Aztec Camera, Englebert Humperdink, and Madonna, among many other luminaries, Music Co-Producer of the Top 3 Music Videos in History (Hangin Tough, Hangin Tough Live, Step By Step), involved in Grammy winning projects, and has been the recipient of shared American Music, Jack The Rapper, JUNO, People's Choice, and ASCAP Awards, including not only this years, but also the ASCAP 2007 Pop Music Award for Laffy Taffy that was Among the Most Performed Songs of 2006, and the largest selling ringtone in history, to name a few.
Jonzun and Starr, who beat the odds of making it out of a racially divided Jim Crow south, coming to Boston with their brothers in the early 70s, at the invitation of their Uncle who recognized their talent (world renowned oil on canvas Visual Artist Arthur Rayford), never stopped believing in the power of music and experienced the strength found in unity; putting everything they had together time, talent, and treasure -- to make it work.
More on EntSun News
- Lindal to launch two new products at FEA
- Quality Leather Handbags Australia
- Why Ammeris Blockchain Foundation goes PoW for main-net
- Berkshire East Plumbing & Heating Expands Commercial Side Of Business
- "Commendation for HRH Meghan for her community support in London" Professor Chris Imafidon
- Ammeris Blockchain Foundation and Ammeris Group appoint Ian Gilmour as Head of Advisory
- UK Car Discount Motors To 15 Year Milestone
Both brothers had the musical genius, and later would become known as the architects of the boy band phenomenon. Jonzun had the studio, Boston International Records Recording Studios, in Roxbury, MA, where the recording and production of The New Editions early hits took place, and he also had the notoriety as leader of his own electro boogie funk posse Jonzun Crew, that brothers Maurice and Sonni were also members of in the early days, (Space Cowboy, Pack Jam, Space Is The Place, Ground Control, We Are The Jonzun Crew 20+ Million sold worldwide in various formats to date), which catapulted the New Edition onto the national music scene, and steer[ed] [them] to the top, (Boston Herald; Bostons Space Cowboy Michael Jonzun Is In Control,10/23/83).
Jonzun has fond memories of working with the New Edition when they were kids, and wishes them nothing but many continued blessings.
Currently, Jonzun is engaged in the writing of several musical theater productions, creating syndicated media content, Co-Producing his Award Winning sons JonzunRadioKids dot com broadcasts, and is in the development for the soon to be launched MUSIC ROYALTY NETWORK of AMERICA -- an organization advocating for change in copyright laws better protecting and monetizing Artists, Writers, and Producers brands and works, that will also offer its members access to Jonzuns private legendary State-of-the-Art SSL Hybrid (Analog/Digital) Mission Control Studios, which is undergoing redesign for the forthcoming kickoff. Jonzun welcomes inquiries at his website www. BostonInternationalMusic.com.
The 33rd annual ASCAP Screen Music Awards in Los Angeles will be returning to the Beverly Hilton Hotel on May 23rd. The invitation-only dinner and awards ceremony will honor the composers and songwriters of the top box office film music, top-rated series and the most performed television music of 2017.
Website : http://www.bostoninternationalmusic.com/
Boston International Music Company, Inc./Cheryl Levittan
Source :Boston International Music Company, Inc.
Latest on EntSun News
- scoutingwagers.com Launches Subscription Offer
- Fossil Mountain Publishing Announces that 2018 is the Year of The Nutcracker
- Ammeris Blockchain Foundation goes with Staking as a way to incentivize support and distribute inflation
- S2G Ventures Continues Growth and Team Expansion
- Maxwell Scott Offers Pink Collection in Support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2018
- FNTC Sports Joins Fantasy Sports Trade Association To Bring Blockchain Technology To Fantasy Sports
- Badger Maps provides free mapping software for disaster relief after hurricane Florence
- Authentic Love: Righteous and Real Event for Singles 30 and Up!
- Women To Women TV App Now Available on Apple and Google Play!
- Gresh and Berk ExhaustNotes Website Launched
- Confronting Inequality in Film by Creating a New Platform
- Book 50 Ways to Get Your Way by Juliet Huck Promotes the Art of Persuading Others Using the Simple Power of Commonsense Values
- Evolve IP® to Hold Women, Wine, and Tech Event to Stimulate Collaboration
- JNN Group Announces Acceptance as CMMI Institute Partner
- Nancy Payne Named Director of Business Development of CheckpointID
- New Doctor of Behavioral Health Admissions Applicant Resources Available
- Digital Media Solutions to Get in the Game with "EndZone Madness" Activation as a Gold Sponsor of 2018 LeadsCon Connect to Convert
- TriboFilm Research Inc. Announces Phase 2 SBIR Grant Award from The National Institutes of Health under Award Number R44EY024461
- Two South Florida Stages to Showcase Four Thrilling Exclusive Engagement Concerts in a 2019 Lineup!
- At EURETINA 2018, Navigated Retina Laser is Moving into the Next Decade