Popular on EntSun
- E'Ian West Announces New Series, I Am... With Reverse Content 1967
- Celebrate St. Patrick's Day By Watching Scream Queen Caroline Williams in "Leprechaun 3"
- GET ME FLY LA Store Launch In Hollywood on Saturday Welcomes LA Customers
- Author Sarah Centrella to Host 3rd Annual Ladies's Empowerment Dinner
- Heads Up Hollywood, What About the Women? Lisa Borders Should Stand Up, Not Step Down
- Global Automotive Emission Analyzer Market Technology Trends in Future
- AFRO SCI-FI and Yvette Kendall. They're Coming Big & They're Not Going Home!
- BA Result 2019 – BA 1st 2nd 3rd Year Exam Result
- Award-Winning Film About Forgotten "Father of Space Art" Coming to Sonoma Film Fest
- "Karen Michelle Presents LYB 2019 Spring Fashion and Shopping Event."
While Jonzuns character was disappointingly not portrayed in the story, his music, including Candy Girl (New Editions first release that hit #1 on Billboard), Is This The End, Popcorn Love, and Jealous Girl , that he Co-Wrote and Co-Produced with his brother Maurice Starr, played front and center, throughout The New Edition Story, as well as in the promos and advertising, as an integral part laying the foundation of the New Editions journey to the top; both in the miniseries and in real life. For this reason, this award is especially meaningful to Jonzun, because it celebrates the true story and history behind the hits, that so often gets washed away. For early day fans and those in the know in the industry, The New Edition had three, not two, dynamic and pivotal Writer/Producer duo teams in their international careers Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis, L.A. Reid & Babyface, and Michael Jonzun & Maurice Starr.
Reports widely agree, The New Edition Story, pulled record ratings of 28.4 million viewers to BET, through the initial run and subsequent encores over the week of premiere (Variety Magazine), making it BETs, highest-rated and most- watched telecasts in five years (since 2012s Season 5 premiere of The Game), as well as the No. 1 most social episode on both Facebook and Twitter all three nights (Deadline.com). In fact, it was among the top 20 trending topics on Twitter [that] included #BobbyBrown, #Betamac, #MikeBivins, #CandyGirl and #LukeJames (Billboard.com).
More on EntSun News
- Roomganize Releases a Top-of-the Line Sunglasses Organizer Just Ahead of Summer
- Lean on Me: The Brotherhood of Rock and Roll at Freedom Hall in Park Forest
- Heilind Electronics appoints William Neo as Sales Director of Asia Pacific
- Introducing Southern California's Most Sought After Commercial Real Estate Agent, Candace Brown
- Complacency in supply chain cyber security – a hidden threat to SMEs
Playing music, since the age of two, starting in his familys band, The Johnson Bros., consisting of six brothers Ray, Elvin, Sonni, Calvin (now deceased), Maurice (then known as Larry), and himself -- Jonzun is no stranger to the music business and receiving accolades and awards for his works. Often referred to by critics as a Music Pioneer & Innovator, and named the Forefather of Hip Hop by Source Magazine, Jonzuns credits are too extensive to list, and read like a Whos Who, but highlights include, (18) #1 Billboard Chart Hits, 75+ Charting Hits across Billboard and other Major Magazines, 100s of Certified Gold & Platinum Records worldwide on such legends and icons as New Edition, Mick Jagger w/ Peter Wolf, New Kids On The Block, Tommy Page, Mase, Sean Puffy Combs & The Notrious B.I.G., Lil Bow Wow, Bootsauce, LL Cool J, D4L, Another Bad Creation, Apollonia, Ben E. King, Laverne Baker, Mark Wahlberg, Aztec Camera, Englebert Humperdink, and Madonna, among many other luminaries, Music Co-Producer of the Top 3 Music Videos in History (Hangin Tough, Hangin Tough Live, Step By Step), involved in Grammy winning projects, and has been the recipient of shared American Music, Jack The Rapper, JUNO, People's Choice, and ASCAP Awards, including not only this years, but also the ASCAP 2007 Pop Music Award for Laffy Taffy that was Among the Most Performed Songs of 2006, and the largest selling ringtone in history, to name a few.
Jonzun and Starr, who beat the odds of making it out of a racially divided Jim Crow south, coming to Boston with their brothers in the early 70s, at the invitation of their Uncle who recognized their talent (world renowned oil on canvas Visual Artist Arthur Rayford), never stopped believing in the power of music and experienced the strength found in unity; putting everything they had together time, talent, and treasure -- to make it work.
More on EntSun News
- Total Escape has Successful Grand Opening and Puzzle Hunt as a Local Family Run Escape Room
- Michael Henderson's Bass Playing On Title Track Of Marvin Gaye's Soon To Be Released 1972 Album!
- Single Mom Sarah Centrella Goes from Poverty to Best Selling Author Thanks to Her "Vision Boards"
- BEC Technologies Announces Distribution Agreement with Ingram Micro
- ETW to Host Event Featuring Real-life Leadership Stories about Humanity, Heroism and Heart
Both brothers had the musical genius, and later would become known as the architects of the boy band phenomenon. Jonzun had the studio, Boston International Records Recording Studios, in Roxbury, MA, where the recording and production of The New Editions early hits took place, and he also had the notoriety as leader of his own electro boogie funk posse Jonzun Crew, that brothers Maurice and Sonni were also members of in the early days, (Space Cowboy, Pack Jam, Space Is The Place, Ground Control, We Are The Jonzun Crew 20+ Million sold worldwide in various formats to date), which catapulted the New Edition onto the national music scene, and steer[ed] [them] to the top, (Boston Herald; Bostons Space Cowboy Michael Jonzun Is In Control,10/23/83).
Jonzun has fond memories of working with the New Edition when they were kids, and wishes them nothing but many continued blessings.
Currently, Jonzun is engaged in the writing of several musical theater productions, creating syndicated media content, Co-Producing his Award Winning sons JonzunRadioKids dot com broadcasts, and is in the development for the soon to be launched MUSIC ROYALTY NETWORK of AMERICA -- an organization advocating for change in copyright laws better protecting and monetizing Artists, Writers, and Producers brands and works, that will also offer its members access to Jonzuns private legendary State-of-the-Art SSL Hybrid (Analog/Digital) Mission Control Studios, which is undergoing redesign for the forthcoming kickoff. Jonzun welcomes inquiries at his website www. BostonInternationalMusic.com.
The 33rd annual ASCAP Screen Music Awards in Los Angeles will be returning to the Beverly Hilton Hotel on May 23rd. The invitation-only dinner and awards ceremony will honor the composers and songwriters of the top box office film music, top-rated series and the most performed television music of 2017.
Website : http://www.bostoninternationalmusic.com/
Boston International Music Company, Inc./Cheryl Levittan
Source :Boston International Music Company, Inc.
Filed Under: Entertainment
Latest on EntSun News
- Local high school string quartet to join the pros on DeKalb stage
- The Vaccination Debate in the Family Court
- Tony Adams Digital Engaged By Leading Australian Mortgage Broker
- New Short Film Tackles Controlling Relationships and Recovery During Woman's History Month
- Altavoz goes west to Disruptive Startup Summit at Stanford University Research Park
- New Entertainment Studio Launches a Graphic Novel Line
- 9th Annual St. Louis Teen Talent Competition Chooses 15 High School Acts for Final Event
- Career Opportunities in Digital Marketing
- World Premiere Of Documentary "Angèle Virtuoso" Official Selection At Montréal's International Art Film Festival (FIFA)
- Première mondiale du documentaire Angèle en quatre temps en sélection officielle au Fifa
- Humanist Canada To Reward Students Who Write About Humanist Values
- Sage IT Becomes Elite Partner under TIBCO's New Partner Program
- Desert Foothills Theater announces April performances
- Former Baker & Taylor exec joins Altavoz Entertainment as Director of Operations
- America's Top Dog Model Contest & Casting Call
- Pro Wrestling Legends Sign to Battle in Las Vegas
- The Easter Bunny Betrays Sasquatch
- Turbo Trade S.A. introduces the smart home of the future for everyone
- New RFID-enabled User Authentication Solutions to be Introduced at ISC West 2019
- Cure SMA and Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy Announce Strategic Collaboration with Prometheus Research