Popular on EntSun
- Chart-Topping Hip-Hop Artist Deshawn White Goes For His Second Wind With His 2019 EP Release Titled 'Power Trip' 108
- Reverse Content's New Series With Producer E'Ian West Entitled "Mothers And Daughters" 107
- Breckenridge Worship Releasing Debut Single
- Award-Winning Short Film "Standing Eight" Is Being Released On Amazon
- Oliver Sean Hits No.1 on iTunes Canada
- Critical Supplies Rushed to Cyclone Idai Survivors by Airlink and Qatar Airways
- Saf-gard Joins Movement To Rebuild The Skilled Trade Workforce
- Sri Lankan Suicide Bombers: More Examples of Family Affiliated Terrorism
- India's French Connection: Indian Artists in France at DAG New York through May 24
- AFONiE.com is Now Accepting Amazon Pay!
The 2019 awards will include the introduction of the Laura Ditka Award for Advocacy and Service, which serves as a way to commemorate the life and incredible career of Laura Ditka who passed away in 2018. Ditka had dedicated her life to public service, law enforcement, and supporting victims. Each year this honor will be bestowed upon a woman who has dedicated her time to advocating for women and children.
This year the Women of Achievement event will also feature a new accolade, the National Junior Woman of Achievement Award. This Award will honor Isabella Chavez, 16, founder of Cribs Without Borders which provides safe sleeping environments to less fortunate newborns across all borders.
"It is our privilege to recognize all of these distinguished women who are making a difference in their communities. Their endeavors are truly inspiring, and we commend them for all they have accomplished and will accomplish in the future. We would also like to express our sincerest gratitude to all those who have helped make this event a success," said Judith A. Bannon, Founder and Executive Director of Cribs for Kids.
More on EntSun News
- Advanced ENT Launches New Patient Experience to Improve Access
- Advice To Choose A Reliable Dentist In Your Locality
- LayUps2StandUp and Russell Westbrook Present : Why Not?? Pop -Up (Tulsa)
- The Daily Tune Entertainment Site is LIVE | Music Reviews, News, Merch and More! Punk Metal Hardcore
- Open Heaven Conference at Joy Faith Ministries International!
2019 Distinguished Honorees Include:
Dr. Lisa M. Abel-Palmieri, Ph.D.: Boys and Girls Clubs of Western Pennsylvania
Heather Abraham: KDKA TV
Rosemary C. Crawford: Crawford McDonald, LLC
LaRae Danielle Cullens: Dream2S.T.E.A.M, A Child's Place Inc., Wright Childcare Solutions
Kierra Falbo, MPO: Orthotics Resident at the University of Michigan
Susan Fancsali: USA Ambassador Ms. Pennsylvania
Renee DeMichiei Farrow: Architectural Innovations
Anissa Gilbert: PNC Bank
Claire Guth: University of Pittsburgh Manufacturing Assistance Center
Dr. Karen Hall, MSOL, Ed.D: ESPN3 Sports Broadcasting Company
Sarah Homitsky, MD: Allegheny Health Network
Magdeline Jensen: Retired, YWCA Greater Pittsburgh
Katharine Kelleman: Port Authority of Allegheny County
Heather Lyke: University of Pittsburgh Athletics
Christina Orr Magulick: Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
Lauren McLean: The Still Remembered Project
Gretchen Mullin-Sawicki, Ph.D.: Community College of Allegheny County
Pamela Pitell: Don Parker Sales Inc
Christine Ree: Township of Moon
Diane Scabilloni: First National Bank
Dana Slizik: Dana Ann Slizik Consulting
Victoria Snyder, M.Ed, MSLP: Ya Momz House, Inc., Hip-Hop on L.O.C.K., OpticVoices
Grainne Trainor: Blue North Restaurant
Tomilyn Ward LPC, MPC, NCC: MAYA Organization
Antonia Whitehead M.S.Ed.: Holy Family Institute
2019 Title Sponsors: Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield together with Allegheny Health Network.
2019 Additional Sponsors: UPMC, Pittsburgh Pirates, The Maya Organization, Beyond Spots & Dots, Nextier Bank, Centimark.
More on EntSun News
- Slasher & Rue Morgue United In Horror
- Codie Prevost Announces US Tour!
- WORLD SERIES OF FIGHTING announces the official grappling teams for "WSOF-Submission 1" on June 15th, 2019 at Sam's Town Live
- Alabama business owner receives national recognition for his impact on the gig economy
- Great Britain's Gift to the Hollywood Film Industry
About the Women of Achievement Awards - Founded in 2002 by Bonnie DeCarlo and JoAnn Forrester, the Women of Achievement Awards is an event honoring Western Pennsylvania's most outstanding women who have demonstrated a commitment to the betterment of their communities, excellence in their professional fields or outstanding accomplishments for the advancement of women. The annual awards ceremony raises funds for Cribs for Kids.
About Cribs for Kids - Cribs for Kids is a national infant safe-sleep education program that helps to reduce the risk of injury and death of infants due to accidental suffocation, asphyxia, or undetermined causes in unsafe sleeping environments. Since 1998, Cribs for Kids has been making an impact on reducing the rate of infant sleep-related deaths by educating parents and caregivers on the importance of practicing safe sleep and providing portable cribs to families who otherwise cannot afford a safe place for their babies to sleep. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, Cribs for Kids currently has more than 1400 partners throughout the United States implementing infant safe-sleep programs in their communities. Visit cribsforkids.org for more information.
Note to editors: For more information, news and perspectives from Cribs for Kids, journalists and analysts may call 412-322-5680, ext.117. Web links, telephone numbers, and titles were correct at time of publication but may have changed.
Cribs for Kids
5450 Second Avenue Pittsburgh, PA 15207
412-322-5680 ext. 11
Latest on EntSun News
- No Choice at North Coast Repertory Theatre
- Wiesenthal at North Coast Repertory Theatre
- Acumentrics, Inc. to Demonstrate Autonomous Power for Critical Missions During SOFIC 2019
- World Series Of Fighting Launches Its Grappling Division With "Submission 1" In Las Vegas
- Film Pioneer, Jessie Maple to Release Memoir, The Maple Crew
- Cinema St. Louis announces winners of sixth Cinema at Citygarden juried competition
- Metric Office Furniture Continues Business Growth
- Thiel College hosts local community for Sharon Regional health and wellness series
- Slasher Partners with Horror Fuel for Upcoming Android & iOS App
- CultureFest DMV Celebrates A Day of International Culture at The National Harbor
- How to Improving Curly Hair
- Acunetix Vulnerability Scanner Now With Network Security Scans
- Save the Date: You Are Cordially Invited to the Heartbreak!
- Smartlogic Assures of High-Quality IT Support & IT Services for Business Auckland
- Geek Hut Announce the Hot Toys Lottery
- South Carolina Winery Reference
- Maapera Analytics Awarded Product Demonstration Program
- Golden Globe, Emmy Award Winner Ted Danson To Make First Appearance At Wizard World Philadelphia
- At age 78, Grandma of Brazil becomes an influencer of fashion and behavior on Instagram
- Uptown Beer Garden Celebrates Fifth Year in Philadelphia with Exclusive Beers on Thursday, May 16th