Popular on EntSun
- E'Ian West Announces New Series, I Am... With Reverse Content 1946
- Celebrate St. Patrick's Day By Watching Scream Queen Caroline Williams in "Leprechaun 3"
- GET ME FLY LA Store Launch In Hollywood on Saturday Welcomes LA Customers
- Heads Up Hollywood, What About the Women? Lisa Borders Should Stand Up, Not Step Down
- Global Automotive Emission Analyzer Market Technology Trends in Future
- My Best Friend: The Game Show is back for a second run
- AFRO SCI-FI and Yvette Kendall. They're Coming Big & They're Not Going Home!
- World class female emcee O'fficial interviewed by lifestyle magazine, My Hell of A Life
- Breakout Actor Nick Smoot Appears in Tyler Perry's "A Madea Family Funeral", Gears up for Premiere
- BA Result 2019 – BA 1st 2nd 3rd Year Exam Result
The 2019 awards will include the introduction of the Laura Ditka Award for Advocacy and Service, which serves as a way to commemorate the life and incredible career of Laura Ditka who passed away in 2018. Ditka had dedicated her life to public service, law enforcement, and supporting victims. Each year this honor will be bestowed upon a woman who has dedicated her time to advocating for women and children.
This year the Women of Achievement event will also feature a new accolade, the National Junior Woman of Achievement Award. This Award will honor Isabella Chavez, 16, founder of Cribs Without Borders which provides safe sleeping environments to less fortunate newborns across all borders.
"It is our privilege to recognize all of these distinguished women who are making a difference in their communities. Their endeavors are truly inspiring, and we commend them for all they have accomplished and will accomplish in the future. We would also like to express our sincerest gratitude to all those who have helped make this event a success," said Judith A. Bannon, Founder and Executive Director of Cribs for Kids.
More on EntSun News
- The Players' Impact announces new Partner, NFL vet Marques Colston
- Rock Star Artist Giving Away Valuable Exclusives On Comic Book Mobile App
- C2E2 Chicago Comic Con Survival Guide
- Menufy & SpeedLine Point of Sale Integration Helps Restaurants Expand Their Off-Premise Business
- Global Skin Repair Membrane Market Insights, Forecast to 2024
2019 Distinguished Honorees Include:
Dr. Lisa M. Abel-Palmieri, Ph.D.: Boys and Girls Clubs of Western Pennsylvania
Heather Abraham: KDKA TV
Rosemary C. Crawford: Crawford McDonald, LLC
LaRae Danielle Cullens: Dream2S.T.E.A.M, A Child's Place Inc., Wright Childcare Solutions
Kierra Falbo, MPO: Orthotics Resident at the University of Michigan
Susan Fancsali: USA Ambassador Ms. Pennsylvania
Renee DeMichiei Farrow: Architectural Innovations
Anissa Gilbert: PNC Bank
Claire Guth: University of Pittsburgh Manufacturing Assistance Center
Dr. Karen Hall, MSOL, Ed.D: ESPN3 Sports Broadcasting Company
Sarah Homitsky, MD: Allegheny Health Network
Magdeline Jensen: Retired, YWCA Greater Pittsburgh
Katharine Kelleman: Port Authority of Allegheny County
Heather Lyke: University of Pittsburgh Athletics
Christina Orr Magulick: Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
Lauren McLean: The Still Remembered Project
Gretchen Mullin-Sawicki, Ph.D.: Community College of Allegheny County
Pamela Pitell: Don Parker Sales Inc
Christine Ree: Township of Moon
Diane Scabilloni: First National Bank
Dana Slizik: Dana Ann Slizik Consulting
Victoria Snyder, M.Ed, MSLP: Ya Momz House, Inc., Hip-Hop on L.O.C.K., OpticVoices
Grainne Trainor: Blue North Restaurant
Tomilyn Ward LPC, MPC, NCC: MAYA Organization
Antonia Whitehead M.S.Ed.: Holy Family Institute
2019 Title Sponsors: Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield together with Allegheny Health Network.
2019 Additional Sponsors: UPMC, Pittsburgh Pirates, The Maya Organization, Beyond Spots & Dots, Nextier Bank, Centimark.
More on EntSun News
- Local high school string quartet to join pros on Kalamazoo stage
- Paw Works Mardi Paws 5th Annual Ties & Tails Gala
- Welcome Star Actor on Influencer the Online Marketplace
- Music Masti Magic to host Holi with Radha Krishna Temple of Dallas
- Save the Date for The Collection at RiverPark's 2019 Rocking Summer Concert Series
About the Women of Achievement Awards - Founded in 2002 by Bonnie DeCarlo and JoAnn Forrester, the Women of Achievement Awards is an event honoring Western Pennsylvania's most outstanding women who have demonstrated a commitment to the betterment of their communities, excellence in their professional fields or outstanding accomplishments for the advancement of women. The annual awards ceremony raises funds for Cribs for Kids.
About Cribs for Kids - Cribs for Kids is a national infant safe-sleep education program that helps to reduce the risk of injury and death of infants due to accidental suffocation, asphyxia, or undetermined causes in unsafe sleeping environments. Since 1998, Cribs for Kids has been making an impact on reducing the rate of infant sleep-related deaths by educating parents and caregivers on the importance of practicing safe sleep and providing portable cribs to families who otherwise cannot afford a safe place for their babies to sleep. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, Cribs for Kids currently has more than 1400 partners throughout the United States implementing infant safe-sleep programs in their communities. Visit cribsforkids.org for more information.
Note to editors: For more information, news and perspectives from Cribs for Kids, journalists and analysts may call 412-322-5680, ext.117. Web links, telephone numbers, and titles were correct at time of publication but may have changed.
Cribs for Kids
5450 Second Avenue Pittsburgh, PA 15207
412-322-5680 ext. 11
Latest on EntSun News
- Scriber and Marks men's suits shop open in Auckland
- West Coast Premiere of The Urban Retreat by A. Zell Williams Presented by Lorraine Hansberry Theatre March 23 - April 6, 2019
- 17 Mental Health Outpatient Clinics Opening in the North Texas Region in 2019!
- Dave and Buster's hosting walk-in interviews, now hiring for year-round positions
- Wingstop Joins the Storm Family of Partners
- The Stoneleigh Presents The Pink Party
- Claudette King; daughter of legendary B.B. King joins the BB King Blues Band and tour
- Timely Themes in Short Film Programs at Socially Relevant™ Film Festival NY March 15 - 21
- Ollie Quinn Opens New London Flagship
- "Prince Charles exemplifies dedication to social mobility" Professor Chris Imafidon
- Global Automotive Airbag Market Technology Trends in Future, Status and Forecast 2024
- Global High Speed Gearbox Market Status, Industry Overview, Trends and Outlook 2018 – 2024
- New Online Resource For Diagnosing Your Headache or Facial Pain
- Opportunities in the Global HID Light System market 2014-2024
- Teddo November Debut Music Video For "Jimmy The Pig"
- Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport Liberty Station, California Opens
- World of Speed Celebrates Mario Andretti, the Most Successful American Race Car Driver of All Time
- Infamous 'Liberty Dollar' Is Back
- THE COPELAND KIDS Selected for LA Live Film Festival and Winner Best Feature Screenplay Pinnacle Film Awards
- St. James Infirmary's 20th Year Anniversary Gala on June 2, 2019