Popular on EntSun News
- "Lost in a Dream" Karaoke Competition Promises $20,000 Prize! 524
- Haydo's New Rap Song 'Water' is a Refreshing Music Piece 296
- Hollywood Princess Keke Palmer Covers The Hype Magazine Digital Cover Issue #109 151
- Beechwoods Software and TVStorm Announce Strategic Partnership 136
- Jimmy Badd Expresses His inner Feeling with His Phenomenal Tracks 122
- Event Host Kevin Rouse Announces 2018 Party Calendar with Comedienne Luenell's Birthday Bash
- Premier Equity Advisors, LLC is pleased to announce that Eagle Oil Holding Company Inc. (EGOH:OTC) Has Purchased An Equity Stake in the company
- Feel the Refreshing Vibes of Country Music in Randall Lee Richards' Tracks
- Hot Dizzy is Back with his latest Hit 'If You Only Knew'
- Gutta Mayne has Made Some Excellent Hip Hop Songs for All
The book, The 55 Soft Skills that Guide Employee and Organizational Success, is an outgrowth of the authors' extensive research into soft skills, those hard-to-teach skills that are better developed through experience and mentoring. Soft skills are developed through interacting with other people and include written and oral communication, emotional/social intelligence, good listening, being able to delegate effectively, leading change and teamwork.
"Companies can improve their results and boost employee satisfaction when they focus more on soft skills," Porterfield said. "This book is designed to improve people's understanding of those soft skills and their application. in the workplace."
More on EntSun News
- Boston's Ensemble Aubade to Tour Midwestern states, April 2018, music for flute, viola, piano
- Atlas Elite Entertainment welcomes new team on board, LaTrice Jackson
- Klamath Falls Subaru Honored With Subaru "Love Promise Award" in Recognition of Outstanding Community Commitment
- An Evening with Groucho at North Coast Repertory Theatre
- Keystone Symposia and Volkswagen Foundation Begin Scientific Conference Series in Hannover, Germany
- ENERI Access Series Presents:"Tatsu at Zhou B Art Center/The Miyumi Project/Reduction Ensemble" Concert/CD Release Party at Zhou B Art Center 4/20/18
- This Boston Start-Up Claims to Be Making The Healthiest Cookware, Customers Agree!
The authors developed the list of 55 soft skills after reviewing hundreds of articles in academic journals.
"People may have heard about soft skills, but very few, based on our discussions, can list more than one or two of them," Graham said. "By cataloging each of them and explaining how they might be used in the workplace, we hope to expand the use of soft skills even further."
The ebook costs $4.99 and can be downloaded at http://serioussoftskills.com/55book.
"Most businesses continue to focus on technical skills and expertise," Porterfield said, "but paying more attention to soft skills will enable employees and organizations put those technical skills to work to achieve greater innovation and growth."
Technical skills are the tangible aptitudes, competencies and expertise like preparing a spreadsheet, using a mathematical formula or basic grammar and spelling that tend to be the focus of all formal instruction.
More on EntSun News
- Training to enhance employee skills delivers RESULTS!
- Complimentary Online CME on Understanding Childhood Narcolepsy: Why it's more than just a Sleepy Child
- CME Symposium on Cardiovascular Outcome Trials and Expert Consensus Decision Pathways: Interpreting the Evidence with Nonstatin Therapies
- CME Symposium on LDL-Cholesterol Lowering and Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease Risk Reduction
- CME Symposium on Cardiovascular Risk Reduction and LDL-C: Evolving Perspectives
- New Comic Book Anthology Series "Hyper Epics", Aims To Entertain, With A Twist
- GRAMMY Winning Morgan Heritage Teams Up with Cultura Profetica, Fiji and Common Kings
The 55 soft skills book is the latest effort of Serious Soft Skills LLC, a Towson, Md.-based company Porterfield and Graham launched in June 2016. In addition to the book, they co-host a weekly podcast, Serious Soft Skills, designed to help employees, team leaders and employers unleash the power of soft skills to advance their careers and organizational growth. Each episode of 15-20 minutes explores a specific soft skill or soft skill situation, using examples, anecdotes, research and interviews various aspects of the 55 soft skills. The Serious Soft Skills Podcast is available on iTunes and Google Play.
Porterfield and Graham, who each teach at Baltimore-area universities, have been studying soft skills for the last five years.
Serious Soft Skills LLC
303 W. Allegheny Ave.
Latest on EntSun News
- Right Cars Vehicle Rental Ltd Today announce it is to start car rental operation on the island of Dominica
- Swayze God's Latest Hit 'Sailor Moon' Creates a Buzz Worldwide
- CanadaByLaw – The Leading Canadian Immigration Firm Based in Toronto, Ontario see a tremendous increase in Canadian Visa Applications in 2018
- Avail Detailed Information about Delta Airlines Baggage Policy
- 2hr Bachata Boot Camp Atlanta Georgia
- Bonnie-Jill Laflin's The Weekly Pass Guest Michael Irvin Dishes on Dez Bryant
- Cultural Vistas to Expand NYC Presence with New Headquarters in Historic Woolworth Building
- Look out NEPA - there's a new virtual concierge in town!
- R&B artist Rod Clemmons releases new music video for "What's Up? It's Me"
- Platinum Needle Produces New Foreverman Video
- Award-winning Comedian to Perform in Houston on April 6
- Emvironmental Systems Specializes in Oil Tank Removal & Remediation of NJ Foreclosure Properties !
- CarePICS awarded Digital Wound Management System agreement with Premier
- Coldwell Banker Hearthside Recognizes 2017 Local And National Award-Winning Agents
- Michael Henderson To Be Interviewed On The Porsche Foxx Morning Show! Atlanta's NEW 87.7 MIX RADIO!
- Grammy Award nominee Jory Vinikour headlines Thiel College Con Spirito Series
- "In Three Days" ... A Play You Don't Want To Miss
- Lithium Motor Car Co announces their new hybrid tumtumcar
- Literary artists invited to enter sanctioned show at San Mateo County Fair
- 'Darcy' to make NY premiere at Awards Closing Night of SR Socially Relevant™ Film Festival NY 2018