Popular on EntSun News
- Castoro Cellars Winery donates over $24,000 to Templeton High School Band 114
- 2017 Appbase Best 50 Of China Will Be Released, Testin Settles The Rules For Mobile Market 112
- Freelancer releases new EP 'Embryo'
- Sacramento Fireworks New Year's Eve with Mister Illusion aka Charlie Fass
- Delightime Products on Big Sale for the Holidays
- RED CARPET RIVALS Dishes about Stars, Studios and Scandals
- B.L.A.C.C. Heart - A New Day, A New Way Available Now On CD!
- VIIHEALTH Digital SMART CONTENT Suite Named One of the Most Innovative Services of 2017 by PM360
- SignCommand.com Announces Free Animation Templates
- Dhwani (Music Band) Is Gigging All The Way
The book, The 55 Soft Skills that Guide Employee and Organizational Success, is an outgrowth of the authors' extensive research into soft skills, those hard-to-teach skills that are better developed through experience and mentoring. Soft skills are developed through interacting with other people and include written and oral communication, emotional/social intelligence, good listening, being able to delegate effectively, leading change and teamwork.
"Companies can improve their results and boost employee satisfaction when they focus more on soft skills," Porterfield said. "This book is designed to improve people's understanding of those soft skills and their application. in the workplace."
More on EntSun News
- Golden Software Releases Grapher 2D and 3D Graphing and Analysis Software
- Pet Professional Accreditation Board announces move to allow credential transfer
- A Back-in-Time Gourmet Trip to Nikko and Yunishigawa Onsen in Tochigi Prefecture, Japan
- Better Way for Casting Directors to Post Auditions
- The National Widowers' Organization
- DOT Drug Testing Compliance Addresses New Rules for 2018
- A Clean Mouth Is the Gateway to a Clean Body
The authors developed the list of 55 soft skills after reviewing hundreds of articles in academic journals.
"People may have heard about soft skills, but very few, based on our discussions, can list more than one or two of them," Graham said. "By cataloging each of them and explaining how they might be used in the workplace, we hope to expand the use of soft skills even further."
The ebook costs $4.99 and can be downloaded at http://serioussoftskills.com/55book.
"Most businesses continue to focus on technical skills and expertise," Porterfield said, "but paying more attention to soft skills will enable employees and organizations put those technical skills to work to achieve greater innovation and growth."
Technical skills are the tangible aptitudes, competencies and expertise like preparing a spreadsheet, using a mathematical formula or basic grammar and spelling that tend to be the focus of all formal instruction.
More on EntSun News
- Justin Bieber Remix songsterFalls Victim to Nude Photo Scandal
- K'Coneil Nominated for Best New Entertainer at 36th IRAWMA
- Lindal Group, Global Aerosol Technology Leader, Launches New BOV Application Laboratory
- ISO Certification Affirms MECA Solutions' Quality Management System
- Armour Mobile boasts a raft of new features in latest version including in-call switching between
- Active Records Management Benefits from Efficient Processes
- Dustless Technologies announces new Universal-Fit Dust Control Shroud for Hardscape Cutting with High-Speed Gas Saws
The 55 soft skills book is the latest effort of Serious Soft Skills LLC, a Towson, Md.-based company Porterfield and Graham launched in June 2016. In addition to the book, they co-host a weekly podcast, Serious Soft Skills, designed to help employees, team leaders and employers unleash the power of soft skills to advance their careers and organizational growth. Each episode of 15-20 minutes explores a specific soft skill or soft skill situation, using examples, anecdotes, research and interviews various aspects of the 55 soft skills. The Serious Soft Skills Podcast is available on iTunes and Google Play.
Porterfield and Graham, who each teach at Baltimore-area universities, have been studying soft skills for the last five years.
Serious Soft Skills LLC
303 W. Allegheny Ave.
Latest on EntSun News
- Aktiv Management Nor tilbyr kunder adgang til Telegrams kommende milliard ICO (Initial Coin Offering)
- Best Choice : Easy DIY Phone Case on Enhanced Protective Materials by DesignItMe.com
- OEC is Named as one of the Top 10 Open Course Education Websites of 2018
- Jetcoin Announces New Champion Leveraging Blockchain to Launch Supermodel Career
- The Largest Commercial Roofing Company in the United States and Why You Should Choose It!
- Ainstein Introduces 79 GHz Automotive Short Range Radar T-79
- Impact of Meltdown and Spectre Vulnerabilities on HPC
- Downtown Edmonton On The Move... Upward
- Custom Swimwear, featuring your pet!
- Drummer Bob Holz to Perform at Rock Legends Cruise
- Black Eagles at the Regattabar, Cambridge, MA
- Hughes Systique and Hughes Network Systems launch industry leading WiFi Analytics Solution at NRF Big Show
- Can Football Cure Racism? Indie Doc Premieres at Chandler IFF
- Chantilly, VA Allstate Insurance Agent Supports Local Non-Profits
- Custom Web Design Vs. Website Templates: Which Way to Go in Kanpur
- Why Plotagraph Manages To Disrupt Visual Marketing
- The Tough Mama's Guide to Survival
- iTCHY Music Group Signs LA Metallers "Ravage Realm" to the Label's Fresh Roster
- InBin announces the first smart home delivery system for mail and packages
- Is Your Child A Star? Nationwide Search for the Next Little Miss North America!