Popular on EntSun News
- Recording Artist Alisonus from Swansea UK signed Major Worldwide Global Distribution Deal! 167
- Combat Veteran Cast in a Film Starring Twin Sisters
- Code Pineapple Launches Poseidon Storm Blaster Water Gun
- World's First Cryptocurrency Exchange To Accept PGG (Physical Gold) Pairing As A Medium Of Transfer
- Old Bridge Mayor to Attend Urban Tacos Grand Opening
- Twisted L release smash hit single "Raiders Anthem"
- Grabbit Media Private Limited launched a well defined automated O2O Platform for Merchant and the Customer – an "Around You" App
- MORIAH MILLS, The Muse on Marley Water's Flex Ya Music Motion Picture
- New Fledge App Designed for Today's Professionals
- "Commendation for HRH Meghan for her community support in London" Professor Chris Imafidon
The book, The 55 Soft Skills that Guide Employee and Organizational Success, is an outgrowth of the authors' extensive research into soft skills, those hard-to-teach skills that are better developed through experience and mentoring. Soft skills are developed through interacting with other people and include written and oral communication, emotional/social intelligence, good listening, being able to delegate effectively, leading change and teamwork.
"Companies can improve their results and boost employee satisfaction when they focus more on soft skills," Porterfield said. "This book is designed to improve people's understanding of those soft skills and their application. in the workplace."
More on EntSun News
- Transform Your Patio and Backyard with Outdoor Custom A/V From Grand Slam A/V & Security
- Tailgate Season is Here! Planning a Great Tailgate Party is a Snap with Help from Catering with Elegance
- Tenfold Protocol Breaks DApp Scalability Wall with Top 10 Game HyperDragons
- Becoming an Advanced Tree Care Certified Arborist
- Lincolnshire Homeowners Seek Lawn Care Service from Advanced Tree Care
- Late Summer/Early Fall Lawn Care Tips from Advanced Tree Care
- Composer Kevin Wood Celebrates "Eternal" Partnership with Non-Profit LoveLight Which Helps Vulnerable Children in South Africa Build Sustainable Lives
The authors developed the list of 55 soft skills after reviewing hundreds of articles in academic journals.
"People may have heard about soft skills, but very few, based on our discussions, can list more than one or two of them," Graham said. "By cataloging each of them and explaining how they might be used in the workplace, we hope to expand the use of soft skills even further."
The ebook costs $4.99 and can be downloaded at http://serioussoftskills.com/55book.
"Most businesses continue to focus on technical skills and expertise," Porterfield said, "but paying more attention to soft skills will enable employees and organizations put those technical skills to work to achieve greater innovation and growth."
Technical skills are the tangible aptitudes, competencies and expertise like preparing a spreadsheet, using a mathematical formula or basic grammar and spelling that tend to be the focus of all formal instruction.
More on EntSun News
- Brand Protection Practitioner, LeTonya Moore, Convenes International Power Players
- Second Annual Lucky Strikes Films Festival
- Local high school string quartet to join the pros
- Legendary Scream Queen Caroline Williams To Attend Cult Classic Convention In Bastrop Texas, 9/29/18
- Kate O'Brien, TransUnion Legal Director: The Law Department As A Business Enabler – Podcast By Chuki Obiyo
- Small Startup Earns Official Facebook Marketing Partner Badge
- FRMediaTrain Rolling Through Denver Startup Week
The 55 soft skills book is the latest effort of Serious Soft Skills LLC, a Towson, Md.-based company Porterfield and Graham launched in June 2016. In addition to the book, they co-host a weekly podcast, Serious Soft Skills, designed to help employees, team leaders and employers unleash the power of soft skills to advance their careers and organizational growth. Each episode of 15-20 minutes explores a specific soft skill or soft skill situation, using examples, anecdotes, research and interviews various aspects of the 55 soft skills. The Serious Soft Skills Podcast is available on iTunes and Google Play.
Porterfield and Graham, who each teach at Baltimore-area universities, have been studying soft skills for the last five years.
Serious Soft Skills LLC
303 W. Allegheny Ave.
Latest on EntSun News
- NJ Filmmaker Launches Short Film Where President Trump Has A Spiritual Awakening and Apologizes To World
- New Website Promotes New Memoir Revealing True Smuggling Tales During The Days Of Marijuana Prohibition
- Beacon Media and Marketing President Adrienne Wilkerson to Share Digital Marketing Strategy at 48th Annual Alaska CHARR Convention
- Mr. Thundder's New Movie Trailer: The Lion Horn of Christ
- The Benefits of Having Network Support in Columbia
- California solar solutions provider, Sun Light & Power, becomes 100% employee owned
- Eagle Battalion Booster Club Murder Mystery FUNDRAISER
- Last Bottle Clothing Selected as a Venture Atlanta 2018 Startup Showcase Company
- Sun Toyota partners with GEICO® and the National Auto Body Council (NABC) to donate a vehicle to Starting Right, Now, a Tampa nonprofit
- Sunknowledge: The Ultimate Medical Billing Company in America
- SEC's New Disclosure Framework, ERISA and Tax Developments, Current Updates from SEC and FINRA Staff, and More at the ALI CLE Life Insurance P
- New York Times Bestselling Author George Barna to Speak at Family Empowerment Forum in Fort Myers
- Party for a Cause at The 6th Street Rocktoberfest
- Technicolor's Brian Jentz Explains How High-End CPE Can Help NSPs Gain a Competitive Edge and Drive Margins as Consumption Models Evolve
- Fifth Third Capital City River Run 25 Years
- PicoCell and PicoBlender product lines achieve UL 61800-5-1 certification
- New Data Outlines Consumer Attitude Shift for the Purpose of Mortgage Refinance Loan from Rate Reduction to Pulling Out Cash
- scoutingwagers.com Launches Subscription Offer
- Fossil Mountain Publishing Announces that 2018 is the Year of The Nutcracker
- Ammeris Blockchain Foundation goes with Staking as a way to incentivize support and distribute inflation