Popular on EntSun News
- BFX - The Revolutionary Entertainment Crypto Announces It's Listing on Top Exchanges by Mid June 416
- Actress Taylor Hay joins cast of upcoming thriller feature, To Avenge 268
- More of IN GOD WE TRUST -Isaac Jazzin strikes back with his new record
- Professor Chris Imafidon joins other world renowned scientists & eminent stars to pay tribute to Prof Stephen Hawking in Westminster Abbey
- Keith Lorren's Spice of Wakanda Debuts on TV One's Sister Circle Live
- Witness the Funky and Vigorous Beats Of the Electronic Duo THE VOIDED
- Mission Consortium Of Churches International, Serving the Global Community
- AWS Joins Hands with Koenig for Training Delivery in SAARC
- Unique Optivisum Formula Helps With Reduced Vision
- So you think God doesn't speak
The book, The 55 Soft Skills that Guide Employee and Organizational Success, is an outgrowth of the authors' extensive research into soft skills, those hard-to-teach skills that are better developed through experience and mentoring. Soft skills are developed through interacting with other people and include written and oral communication, emotional/social intelligence, good listening, being able to delegate effectively, leading change and teamwork.
"Companies can improve their results and boost employee satisfaction when they focus more on soft skills," Porterfield said. "This book is designed to improve people's understanding of those soft skills and their application. in the workplace."
More on EntSun News
- Summer Treat in Nikko, Japan: Natural, Hand-Crafted Shaved Ice "Kakigōri" -- Cool Off and Quench Your Thirst!
- Livongo for Diabetes Achieves Sustained Positive 12-Month Outcomes for People with Type 2 Diabetes, New Research Finds
- CourMed - Crowdsourced Network of Medical Couriers
- New Nursing Cover by Elizabeth Nielsen® Provides Discreet Coverage
- AGAINSTALLODDS23's 'Fundamentals (Walk It Talk It) REMIX' Creates Quite Buzz Worldwide
- Luke Gentil has Different Kind of Enigma Which You will Find in his Music
- It's here! The first full history of Parisian food!
The authors developed the list of 55 soft skills after reviewing hundreds of articles in academic journals.
"People may have heard about soft skills, but very few, based on our discussions, can list more than one or two of them," Graham said. "By cataloging each of them and explaining how they might be used in the workplace, we hope to expand the use of soft skills even further."
The ebook costs $4.99 and can be downloaded at http://serioussoftskills.com/55book.
"Most businesses continue to focus on technical skills and expertise," Porterfield said, "but paying more attention to soft skills will enable employees and organizations put those technical skills to work to achieve greater innovation and growth."
Technical skills are the tangible aptitudes, competencies and expertise like preparing a spreadsheet, using a mathematical formula or basic grammar and spelling that tend to be the focus of all formal instruction.
More on EntSun News
- Meet the 2018 Class of the Cultural Vistas Fellowship
- Summer Clearance Sale for B2B Customers at Rizoess
- Robert J. Becerra named to the 2018 SuperLawyers List as one of the Top Attorneys in Florida
- American Lamprecht Transport announces its new Referral Program
- French Company Starts Fashion Networking Events In India
- Buy the Most Applicable Music Promo Packages to Enhance Your Musical Career
- Jab Julien's 'Tesla' Featuring OZ is an Enticing Rap Single
The 55 soft skills book is the latest effort of Serious Soft Skills LLC, a Towson, Md.-based company Porterfield and Graham launched in June 2016. In addition to the book, they co-host a weekly podcast, Serious Soft Skills, designed to help employees, team leaders and employers unleash the power of soft skills to advance their careers and organizational growth. Each episode of 15-20 minutes explores a specific soft skill or soft skill situation, using examples, anecdotes, research and interviews various aspects of the 55 soft skills. The Serious Soft Skills Podcast is available on iTunes and Google Play.
Porterfield and Graham, who each teach at Baltimore-area universities, have been studying soft skills for the last five years.
Serious Soft Skills LLC
303 W. Allegheny Ave.
Latest on EntSun News
- CEO Coaching International Hires Top University Graduate and Viral, Rapping Commencement Speaker
- Consumers now have a low cost shipping option to over 40 countries in Europe
- Singapore Memories - 20 Scents of Singapore as Room Fragrance "Atas", "Glamour of ION", "For my Tai Tai", "Red Dot" and more
- Ambitious Rap Artist B-STRILLA drops 'BOUNCE (dirty version)' For Hip Hop Fans
- Get Hooked to the Bang on Single 'Ride' by Newbie Kidd Guapo AKA Kel
- Australian startup VibeWire rebrands as Tixel, expands to United States
- Maxeler joins Amazon Web Services (AWS) at the International Supercomputing Conference, Frankfurt, 24-28 June 2018!
- Mythical Creatures Are the Hot, New Trend in Tabletop Games
- State's Health Information Exchange Appoints New Executive Director
- SKIN46 Launches Kickstarter Debuting Tattoo Ink Made From Human Hair
- State's health information exchange announces rebrand and renewed commitment to providing value and long-term sustainability
- The Chicago Sun-Times Launches Impact Chicago Initiative to Recognize Individuals and Companies Making a Real Difference for the People of Chicago
- "Best Hot Tub" Reviewed And Named For June 2018
- Spark Design Awards Spring Winners
- Mach1 Services to disrupt roadside assistance, Takes aim at Urgent.ly, Honk and AAA
- Thermocouple Data Loggers with Extreme Temperature Range and Free Cloud Storage Now Available From T&D
- 4New Founder invests in Vanig International LLC
- Slow Clap Named 2018 Better Business Bureau Torch Award Recipient
- OB/GYN Develops A Game Changing Deodorant
- 8 Passengers from Southwest Flight 1380 File Lawsuit in New York