Popular on EntSun
- Sardinas, Professor Imafidon and other leaders invited by Queen Elizabeth II for celebrations 167
- Author Sarah Centrella to Host 3rd Annual Ladies's Empowerment Dinner 125
- Daniel Hernandez Couturier to represent the United states in Europe
- Sho Richardsin Releases New Music 'The Fire'
- Award Winners Announced by SR Socially Relevant™ Film Festival NY 2019 International Jury
- Filmmaker Dustin Ferguson's World Premiere of Robowoman is a Rousing Success
- Philadelphia Theatre Company Presents Philadelphia Premiere Kilroy's List Pick How to Catch Creation
- The Carting Call World Premiers on Bitmov.io
- KLM Enterprises Services LLC merges to create Baby Girl Elite Digital Distribution
- Kastlfel Teams with Zoo & Aquarium Operator Service Systems Associates on Earth Day 2019 Apparel to benefit Earth Day Network
Phillipa Winter, Chief Informatics Officer, Bolton NHS Foundation Trust comments; "The primary objective of the eObservations project is to improve patient safety and quality of care, ensuring patients receive the best care to improve outcomes. Imprivata Mobile Device Access is an important factor in achieving this goal. When time is of the essence, every second counts; clinicians now have fast and secure access to the most up to date patient information to inform clinical decisions and patient care."
Bolton NHS FT already uses Imprivata Authentication Management, Single Sign-On and Virtual Desktop Access for strong authentication and streamlined access to virtualised resources in the Trust's virtual desktop environment. The solution provides clinicians with fast and easy access to their applications and desktops on iGel thin-client terminals by tapping their identity badges onto terminals equipped with Imprivata OneSign proximity card readers. Bolton NHS FT were keen to build on this foundation and accelerate their digitisation journey.
More on EntSun News
- Nationally touring Beatles tribute band returns to Sweetwater Music Hall
- Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland, Inc. will hold an event to raise awareness of the over 1 million meals served each year to the homebound in MD
- Karting Miami - First Indoor, Electric Go Kart Track in South Florida with Open-Wheeled Cars - Coming Soon to Dezerland Park
- Stonehurst Place named South's Number One Inn by Southern Living in magazine's 2019 South's Best Awards
- Official Launch of Stretch Lane Activewear!
In line with the paperless vision outlined in the NHS Five Year Forward View, the Trust was ready to launch the eObservations solution on mobile devices. A sample trial was conducted on a ward with several devices shared between a number of clinical staff members. To access the solution users were required to manually enter their login credentials into three separate applications using the onscreen keyboard in order to record a patient's vital signs. The lengthy login times were proving unpopular in user trials and the IT team at Bolton NHS FT were keen to find a way of simplifying system access without weakening security processes or breaching audit requirements.
Imprivata Mobile Device Access provided the answer, the solution extends the capabilities of Imprivata OneSign and the Imprivata identity and access management platform enabling fast, secure access to shared mobile devices and applications with the tap of a proximity badge. Following successful testing and user trials, the solution was installed on 500 mobile devices which were deployed over 8 weeks as part of the eObservations project. As a result, Bolton NHS FT has been able to unlock the full potential of its devices, ensuring fast and efficient access to the eObservations system whilst maintaining security and auditability.
Brett Walmsley, Chief Technology Officer at Bolton NHS FT, explains; "The speed and responsiveness of the Imprivata team in understanding our requirements and the outcome we wanted to achieve was outstanding. They dovetailed into our existing deployment and training plans ensuring minimum disruption and no down time for staff, and worked tirelessly alongside our team to an aggressive timeline. Imprivata has been the critical component to the success of our mobile device project. We are excited about the future and about what we can achieve together. Imprivata is now our go-to provider for anything to do with authentication. We view them as very much a part of our innovative development team.
More on EntSun News
- Dr Jason D Heap-International Education Consultancy Nears Fifth Year of Global Service
- Headway Acquires New York Hospitality and National Event Staffing Business
- Performance Architects' Kirby Lunger and Astha Patni Win Top OATUG Awards at COLLABORATE 19 for Oracle Users Community Contributions
- Martha Reeves to Receive Governor's Fitness Award
- Toxic Tutu featuring Mark Torgl, Lloyd Kaufman, Jake The Snake Roberts, Mel Novak and more is now av
The project has been a great success, more than 1,000 members of staff have access to the mobile devices which are located in banks of between seven and ten devices on wards across the Trust. The ease of accessing applications has reduced barriers to using the devices, because staff can quickly log in and out of the tablets with just a tap of their badge. All staff use their own proximity cards to access the device which ensures they are logged in using their own credentials, resulting in accurate audit trails on patient care. Observations are conducted regularly on patients according to their care plan and entered directly via the mobile device, removing the need for maintaining paper records. The solution has been a key element in helping improve staff confidence, and removing barriers to using technology and delivering tangible benefits to clinicians and their patients.
Dr Simon Irving, Chief Clinical Information Officer at Bolton NHS FT, comments; "The Imprivata solution has minimised the administration burden on healthcare professionals and delivered tangible benefits in the care of patients. The positive impact has driven us to review what other applications we can make accessible via mobile devices to staff on the move. We now have the potential to deliver more applications into the hands of clinicians and utilise technology to make a measurable difference in patient care without compromising information security."
Chiltern House 45 Station Road Henley-on-Thames OXON RG9 1AT
+44 1491 845553
Latest on EntSun News
- Bounce House Rentals and Inflatable Games for rent in the san Francisco Bay Area and Northern Calif
- She Kills Monsters at North Coast Rep Theatre School
- Report: Airline management should pay full price for tickets
- Alfred Street Baptist Church's Dr. Howard-John Wesley to Share Story of Surprise Donation to Howard University Students on "Steve" on April 17
- Filmmaker Kevin Stirling's "GO FOR LANDING" Wins Top Doc NASA REMI Award at Worldfest-Houston
- SPMG Media Names Tony Smith Editor-In-Chief of Authors & Artists Magazine
- Phillie Phanatic's Best Friend Tom Burgoyne to Share Secrets at Dine & Dish at the Bercy
- Mensa Honors Aron K. Barbey for Brain Connectivity Research
- Lantek names Unai Asla new financial director
- Dale Hughes to Receive Vern Seefeldt Lifetime Achievement Award
- Community Concert Association Announces 2020 Season; Tickets Now On Sale for Five Rare Performances
- CloudNine Awards Multiple LAW Certifications to LDM Global
- The 10 Prettiest Places to Retire in the Carolinas Announced by Topretirements.com
- CyberGrants Announces Record Growth Maximizing Agile Social Impact
- Thiel College welcomes Pittsburgh arts and education icon as the College's 145th Commencement Exercises speaker
- CU Xpress Lease Partners with Mid-Hudson Valley FCU
- Custom Pool Pros of Freehold, NJ Awarded Best Of Houzz 2019
- Entrepreneurship - America's Biggest New Employer
- Free All Ages Talent Showcase by Terry Little Music
- American Fund to Restore Notre-Dame Cathedral in Paris Created To Tax Receipt American Generosity