Popular on EntSun
- Harmon Tops The Bestsellers List and Scores Two #1 hits!!!
- In The Spirit Entertainment Foundation Presents Stage Play: #wewoke
- PBS selects Harlem filmaker's short film about gentrification for online festival
- Electric Violinist Lady Zhe releases her debut single, "Elevate."
- Radio Host/Author Sabrina-Marie - Building Abundance Success
- BayView Entertainment Releasing Six New Feature Film and Stand-Up Comedy DVDs for July 2019
- EY announces SUMMIT PACKAGING SOLUTIONS PRESIDENT & CEO ADAM C. WALKER named Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2019 Award winner in the Southeast
- Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About The Blink Man / Peeping Tom Urban Legend
- Creature Feature Weekend is Coming to Gettysburg This August
- New Film 'Pill Head' Pummels Superhero Fatigue and Addictive Binges — Not Audiences
Phillipa Winter, Chief Informatics Officer, Bolton NHS Foundation Trust comments; "The primary objective of the eObservations project is to improve patient safety and quality of care, ensuring patients receive the best care to improve outcomes. Imprivata Mobile Device Access is an important factor in achieving this goal. When time is of the essence, every second counts; clinicians now have fast and secure access to the most up to date patient information to inform clinical decisions and patient care."
Bolton NHS FT already uses Imprivata Authentication Management, Single Sign-On and Virtual Desktop Access for strong authentication and streamlined access to virtualised resources in the Trust's virtual desktop environment. The solution provides clinicians with fast and easy access to their applications and desktops on iGel thin-client terminals by tapping their identity badges onto terminals equipped with Imprivata OneSign proximity card readers. Bolton NHS FT were keen to build on this foundation and accelerate their digitisation journey.
More on EntSun News
- Masters Hall of Fame Announces Entertainment for 20th Anniversary
- Staite, Elwes, Flanigan, Ferrigno, Nash Added To Celebrity Roster At Wizard World Tulsa, Sept. 6-8
- Dharma Platform Partners with Childfund International, Using Real-Time Data to Enhance Outreach to Vulnerable Populations
- Powerful New Book 'Love Loss Light' Speaks to Those in Grief
- CannaBiz Invest Asia Draws Global Medical & Industrial Cannabis Industry Players to Bangkok
In line with the paperless vision outlined in the NHS Five Year Forward View, the Trust was ready to launch the eObservations solution on mobile devices. A sample trial was conducted on a ward with several devices shared between a number of clinical staff members. To access the solution users were required to manually enter their login credentials into three separate applications using the onscreen keyboard in order to record a patient's vital signs. The lengthy login times were proving unpopular in user trials and the IT team at Bolton NHS FT were keen to find a way of simplifying system access without weakening security processes or breaching audit requirements.
Imprivata Mobile Device Access provided the answer, the solution extends the capabilities of Imprivata OneSign and the Imprivata identity and access management platform enabling fast, secure access to shared mobile devices and applications with the tap of a proximity badge. Following successful testing and user trials, the solution was installed on 500 mobile devices which were deployed over 8 weeks as part of the eObservations project. As a result, Bolton NHS FT has been able to unlock the full potential of its devices, ensuring fast and efficient access to the eObservations system whilst maintaining security and auditability.
Brett Walmsley, Chief Technology Officer at Bolton NHS FT, explains; "The speed and responsiveness of the Imprivata team in understanding our requirements and the outcome we wanted to achieve was outstanding. They dovetailed into our existing deployment and training plans ensuring minimum disruption and no down time for staff, and worked tirelessly alongside our team to an aggressive timeline. Imprivata has been the critical component to the success of our mobile device project. We are excited about the future and about what we can achieve together. Imprivata is now our go-to provider for anything to do with authentication. We view them as very much a part of our innovative development team.
More on EntSun News
- MiaSolé Achieves Flexible Substrate Thin-Film Solar Cell Efficiency of 20.56 Percent
- Small Clothing Brand Evokes Nostalgia with Vintage Style Dresses
- REAL Trends + Tom Ferry Announce 2019 America's Best Real Estate Agents List Seventh Annual Real Estate Ranking
- New Semi-Pro Football Looking For Coaches and Players
- Doug Baruchin of Island Trauma Services, Inc. Earns Accredited ACAC Certification
The project has been a great success, more than 1,000 members of staff have access to the mobile devices which are located in banks of between seven and ten devices on wards across the Trust. The ease of accessing applications has reduced barriers to using the devices, because staff can quickly log in and out of the tablets with just a tap of their badge. All staff use their own proximity cards to access the device which ensures they are logged in using their own credentials, resulting in accurate audit trails on patient care. Observations are conducted regularly on patients according to their care plan and entered directly via the mobile device, removing the need for maintaining paper records. The solution has been a key element in helping improve staff confidence, and removing barriers to using technology and delivering tangible benefits to clinicians and their patients.
Dr Simon Irving, Chief Clinical Information Officer at Bolton NHS FT, comments; "The Imprivata solution has minimised the administration burden on healthcare professionals and delivered tangible benefits in the care of patients. The positive impact has driven us to review what other applications we can make accessible via mobile devices to staff on the move. We now have the potential to deliver more applications into the hands of clinicians and utilise technology to make a measurable difference in patient care without compromising information security."
Chiltern House 45 Station Road Henley-on-Thames OXON RG9 1AT
+44 1491 845553
Latest on EntSun News
- Lila Nikole Swim Week Event Recap
- Hello Sustainable Hair: New Mom Gretchen Rossi Partners with OMORFIE
- The Global Glow: The founder behind beauty powerhouse MineTan is taking over the self tan industry
- Halfway To Mars Launches New Track & Lands Into New Label
- National Testing Network Recognized by Governing Magazine
- LowPro. Released His Newest EP, and the Result is Dynamic and Endlessly "Expansive"
- Talking Rocks Venue Announces Its Own Multi-Day, Multi-Cultural, Music, Food, & Gemstone Showcase
- Residential Home Funding Corp. Plans to Add 100 Loan Officers by End of 2019
- Car Accident Informal on what to do and how to handle
- Could There Be Competition on the Horizon for Nike in the Near Future?
- Leo Bottary Announces the Launch of Peernovation
- IRS Commissioner to Address National Tax Pro Group
- Current World Dog Surfing Champion Gets The Snub This Year
- New Community Theater Comes to Phoenix to Enrich the Theatrical Experience in the Valley of the Sun
- Share Internet Data Ltd (SID) Expands its Mobile Network to include the Unbanked with its LDJ Digital app
- Social Justice Activist and Veteran Radio Host Mark Thompson Launches New Daily Show and Podcast with DNR Studios and DCP Entertainment
- Fawcett Boat Supplies Acquires Annapolis Inflatables
- Trump's Kidney Care Executive Order Validates New Renality Approach to Chronic Kidney Disease
- Filmmaker Harley Wallen strikes festival gold with Eternal Code
- Instagram Celebrities Ride Squids In Bora Bora For Reef Awareness