Popular on EntSun
- Onshore to Generate 68% of the Revenue in Oil and Gas Management Software Management Market 129
- Injured Noted Ballet Dancer On The Comeback Trail
- Relocate Easily With Faridabad Moving Company
- Cora Alpha Elysium City Update
- Get in Touch with Alanic Clothing for Ordering Exclusive Sports Clothing
- Former CNN host Keturah King nabs her an apron on the 10th season of MasterChef
- Addepto Launches Global R&D Center for Development of Breakthrough AI Solutions
- Johnny Cash Tribute Show Comes To Hartford
- Minority Reportz Presents Desi Girls Night Out Comedy Show & After Party
- AutoQuotes Announces Appointment Of New CEO
What makes this particularly interesting is that the nature of mobile devices means that businesses potentially have the opportunity to know more about their customers than ever before. GPS-enabled smartphones allow organizations to see where their customers are. They also know if a customer has been browsing a mobile website or app and use that information to understand what the customer might need in the future. QR (quick response) codes on products automate and accelerate a two-way interaction. Customers retrieve all the information they need quickly, while organizations have the intelligence they require to direct customers to the correct place within their self-service function to complete the final purchase.
It's a trend contact center analyst ContactBabel calls 'The Great Mobile Opportunity'[ii] and it has the power to revolutionize customer service and the role of the contact center. So how do organizations make the most of this mobile data to take customer service to the next level?
The end of reactive contact centers
Contextual communication is the next step up from omni-channel in the contact center, as Vasili Triant at Cisco has been promoting at our collaborative events. Firstly customer service should be fully optimized for mobility. Then digest what's being said on social media and listen to conversations that consumers commonly conduct with apps on their mobile devices, using Apple Business Chat, Facebook Messenger, Snapchat, Instagram or Twitter. Then, use this valuable intelligence by putting it into context for the customer.
More on EntSun News
- Doc Cotton Launches Marketplace for Sustainable Fashion
- Best Training in Bangalore|Embedded Systems Course in Bangalore | ETech Prowess
- Get a gorgeous hairdo with lace wigs
- Best Quality Hair Extensions
- ILines Now Offers High-End Residential and Commercial Architecture Services
The challenge is that most contact centers are reactive. Someone contacts customer service and an employee looks up various pieces of information to solve a specific enquiry at a particular period in time. No account is taken of contextual factors that predetermine the outcome of customer interactions.
Five steps to contextual customer service
It's time to move away from a reactive contact center and exploit your data. Drawing on the great insights from Vasili, you can achieve this in the following ways:
Be contextual – take data and apply intelligence to it. Give employees the context of why a customer is calling in the first place. If a customer has spent the last 30 minutes with technical support without success, make this information available to prepare the employee. A greeting that reflects empathy such as, "Hi Joe, I understand you've been talking to tech support but it looks like you still haven't got the answer you need, let me help you…" will go a long way towards calming potentially inflammatory interactions.
Be suggestive – use the data you already have to suggest certain types of interaction with customers. For example, seeing that a customer has left your website and looked at another brand is not the end but a great opportunity to reel them back in with a response like: "I see that you've had a problem with your current car can we help you by putting you on a special trade-in program with a 3-year free warranty?"
Be pre-emptive – based on previous interactions, a customer's preferred communication method can be determined, so use this information to pre-empt how to deal with them the next time around, for example "I see you've been on our website, would you prefer me to give you a call on the following number?"
More on EntSun News
- NATP Voices Support for Taxpayer Protection and Preparer Proficiency Act of 2019
- Independent Rom-Com Series "Public Displays Of Insanity" Hits Amazon With Fresh Take On The Biz
- Lifetime TV "Ms. T's Music Factory" Temmora signs with Amirakal Marketing
- Amy Shrader Represents Seller of CardNal Cove Campground in Rutledge TN
- Channel Islands Harbor Presents Concerts by the Sea
Be predictive – you know that a customer has bought a pair of shoes from your fashion department but did you know they also purchased a sofa from homewares? Make sure your data and processes are consistent and sufficiently integrated to facilitate joined up customer responses, along with the opportunity to cross-sell and up-sell other products and services.
Contextualize the workforce – by deploying the latest cloud Workforce Management (WFM) solutions. Use them to create a 'go-to' place for all your talents and resources and identify the employees who have the highest levels of emotional intelligence to add context and real value to customer interactions. Give employees real-time help with unified systems that allow them to see when expert help is available across the organization then maximize WFM data to ensure the customer is put through to the right employee, right away.
If you change the reactive to contextual, suggestive, pre-emptive and predictive, both employees and customers will benefit from a superior experience. Think about contextual as the new supercharged omni-channel.
Magnus Geverts is Chief Business Development Officer at Teleopti
https://www.emarketer.com/Report/UK-Retail-Ecom... - "eMarketer UK Retail & E-Commerce" – Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2021
Lower Woodend Barns Fawley Henley-on-Thames OXON
+44 19491 845553
Latest on EntSun News
- Diamond Bridal Gallery Celebrates Success Offering Custom Made Wedding Dresses
- Extraordinarily High Wages For Cannabis Workers In SVG From Foreign Investor – Cannavais
- Shell Point's 2019 Summer Concert Series welcomes Aibou Duo July 10
- Triage Partners Licenses WipIT™ SaaS to Global Logistics Company
- Miami-Dade County Youth Fair & Exposition selects Eduardo Cora as president and CEO
- Blackhawk Plastic Surgery Welcomes Expert Plastic Surgeon, Timothy Rankin MD
- Afro Soundz Radio Is Now On The Air
- 10TH ANNUAL SOHO International Film Festival - Thursday June 20th through June 27th
- Introducing the 2019 Class of the Cultural Vistas Fellowship
- New Semi-Pro Football League Announces Team Names and Logos
- One Park Financial Honored with "Company of the Year" Stevie® Award
- New Music Series Beatbites Kicks Off Season 3; Social Media Changing The Way We Stream Music
- Star Launches New Tool for Branding Made Simple
- National ATM Council Announces Debbi Haacke as Vice-Chair of NAC Governmental Affairs Committee
- The "Do's" & "Don'ts" One Should Not Forget in a Long-Distance Relationship
- Basic Facts about Remy Hair
- Few Handy Tip For Coloring Human Hair Wigs
- Aura Alliance Partners with InfoPlus
- Summer Camp Programs - TAS
- Experience Nature & Samurai Culture, Early Autumn in Nikko and Aizu, Japan